2025 recruitment & retention

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
i think the main area we would be looking to strengthen would be our left backrow stocks. Is Burbo the long term option for manly in that number 12 jersey?

at the moment he's not much of a physical threat for a half to worry about, only reached 100m once this year and at the moment it's not like he's the guy doing all the effort areas and 1 percenters of what we need at the moment.

For this season and potentially next season I see he's best suited to a bench role covering edge and centre until he bulks up and nails all the effort areas of kick chase, kick pressure and over 100m consistently. Manly have enough spark and creative players in attack but to be successful we need some low-risk hard working players to give them the opportunity to play.

I don't see Waddell being our long term second row but i do seeing him being that bullemor style middle forward with leg speed off the bench for the future.

so if i was going to sign someone at the moment for manly i will be looking for an older more experienced back rower preferrably from a winning cultured club that's tough, runs strong lines, has good discipline and wins all the effort errors on aproximately a 1-2 year contract.

using schusters 600k for next 3 seasons, someone like nat butcher, felise kafusi, angus crighton elliot whitehead who's off contract for next season sitili tuipinua who apparently is looking out from the roosters at the moment

thoughts?

i think the main area we would be looking to strengthen would be our left backrow stocks. Is Burbo the long term option for manly in that number 12 jersey?

at the moment he's not much of a physical threat for a half to worry about, only reached 100m once this year and at the moment it's not like he's the guy doing all the effort areas and 1 percenters of what we need at the moment.

For this season and potentially next season I see he's best suited to a bench role covering edge and centre until he bulks up and nails all the effort areas of kick chase, kick pressure and over 100m consistently. Manly have enough spark and creative players in attack but to be successful we need some low-risk hard working players to give them the opportunity to play.

I don't see Waddell being our long term second row but i do seeing him being that bullemor style middle forward with leg speed off the bench for the future.

so if i was going to sign someone at the moment for manly i will be looking for an older more experienced back rower preferrably from a winning cultured club that's tough, runs strong lines, has good discipline and wins all the effort errors on aproximately a 1-2 year contract.

using schusters 600k for next 3 seasons, someone like nat butcher, felise kafusi, angus crighton elliot whitehead who's off contract for next season sitili tuipinua who apparently is looking out from the roosters at the moment

thoughts?
I'd be going for Sua or Chrichton. My second tier of options would be KPP or Young. On top of that I would be looking at moving some of our forwards on if possible and looking at players in Mooney, Willison, Hopgood, Whyte for eg.

On a side note, I can't believe we dropped the ball with Terrell May.

thoughts?
Elliot Whitehead tore us a new one a couple of weeks ago but he'll be 35yo next year and I'm not sure we can afford that type of risk. We definitely need impact right now but it would be great to pick up a player with little more longevity...as much as I think Ben is a nice kid he needs to sink or swim on his own merits. After the Schuster debacle I think the club needs to get a bit more ruthless.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
11 7 4 59 14
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12
11 5 5 30 11