All NRL Games [Round 10, 2024]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
Long term contracts don't work... Taumalolo is being paid $1m per year to be no more than an average bench prop currently... and still has over 3.5 years remaining. That has to be killing the Cowboys' roster.
That's the risk you take signing players on long term deals, it really is just rolling the dice sometimes.

Can you legally kick the ball from someone's hand while they're attempting to score?

images

I thought thanks to Billy Slater that was now illegal. But it may only be illegal if the referee calls the kick dangerous, especially if it hits or goes close close to the head.

Last season Gutherson was allowed to stop a try with his boot and the bunker cleared it.

ac11a5184da6430f812adca5785ed076

Long term contracts don't work... Taumalolo is being paid $1m per year to be no more than an average bench prop currently... and still has over 3.5 years remaining. That has to be killing the Cowboys' roster.
That was a terrible deal. Next three years he’ll struggle to make the team.

When he signed it though, he was still one of the most dominant props in the game.

Like someone pointed out, it’s a gamble.
It was a terrible deal when he signed it TZ. No middle forward should be signed for that length of time on that money. Signing a half for that period is a gamble, a middle forward (or any forward really) is crazy.

How the fk did Aoiloi get a grade 2 charge for his charge down on SJ, and Harry Grant only got a grade 1 from last night.

Manly loading strikes again.
Because the refs reward the milkers and SJ really milked that one.

It was a terrible deal when he signed it TZ. No middle forward should be signed for that length of time on that money. Signing a half for that period is a gamble, a middle forward (or any forward really) is crazy.
I agree, in retrospect.

However you cannot blame a club for wanting to lock up a player longterm who has had such a positive impact on their fortunes on and off the field.

The Manly equivalent would of course be Jake.

I agree, in retrospect.

However you cannot blame a club for wanting to lock up a player longterm who has had such a positive impact on their fortunes on and off the field.

The Manly equivalent would of course be Jake.
No the reason JT was a bad investment is because you are signing someone for 10 years based purely on physicality, which of course dramatically decreases year on year at a certain point. Jake is signed long term, not for brute force, but for attitude and application - qualities that are still present many years later. The Manly equivalent is actually signing Ola'akautu long term. When the duration was announced, I cringed. As much as I rate the guy, this is just too long to be committed to someone purely based on being physically dominant

No the reason JT was a bad investment is because you are signing someone for 10 years based purely on physicality, which of course dramatically decreases year on year at a certain point. Jake is signed long term, not for brute force, but for attitude and application - qualities that are still present many years later. The Manly equivalent is actually signing Ola'akautu long term. When the duration was announced, I cringed. As much as I rate the guy, this is just too long to be committed to someone purely based on being physically dominant
Well ok. Perhaps I could have phrased my argument differently.

I mentioned Jake because his stature at Manly is similar to Taumololo’s at NQC. Haumole’s is not.

The judiciary has shown once again how inept, inconsistent and gutless they truly are.

The game fought really hard to eliminate grappling and wrestling and yesterday a player did a tackle that is labelled a chicken wing and not only got away without sanction during the game, the player who suffered this tackle has a pec injury as a result and today the judiciary hand down a mere fine to the perpetrator who is has now done this 2 times!!

This tackle should have had a punishment of minimum 4 weeks!! Well that did not happen because the player who did it, is in line to be rewarded with a NSW jersey for the upcoming origin series.

This stinks to high heaven. Our player got busted for brushing a kickers leg with a 2 week ban and this tackle was far more serious and its a measly fine!

Shame on you NRL judiciary!!

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
11 7 4 59 14
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12