The No-Look News (Schuster Chronicles)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
I can agree with the focus issue. I don't think it was a dislike of the contact element. My personal feeling, and its only my perspective, was that Schuster was not well handled from the start. This was a kid on the rise and his first game as 5/8 had been commended by many. Then Des brought in Foran, suggesting he was a backup maybe even for hooker. But he kept him at 5/8 and had Schuster play second row. This meant the kid had to bulk up to fill a forward role, including playing closer to the centre and doing far more defensive work, which 5/8s don't usually have to do. So he bulks up, and there are suggestions at that time he isn't happy with the switch. Eventually Foran is moved on, but by that time Schuster has loaded on weight for a forwards role. He's given the 5/8 spot but now he has to lose the loads of weight. As well he suffers a succession of injuries. Now again a coach comes along and wants him back as second rower.

Personally I think he got the ****s. And I know many would say he should just accept the opportunity of playing first grade. But so many were anticipating this kid as the next big 5/8 wonder and it didn't happen. And some of that was because of how he was handled. Players do get annoyed with how they are used. Jamie Lyon 2004, after success in his first years he walks out of a contract at Parra and ends up brilliantly succeeding in England before making his mark with the Sea Eagles. As was mentioned I think by Terry Hill, young players can make strange decisions, get fed up of some things the rest of us may consider petty. But to them its important. I think this happened to Schuster. I suspect he'll be back and succeed elsewhere.

Well said Bearfax.

I said in 2021 that Des fuuked Schu ova by bringing Foz into the team. Schu could have been anything if he had of played 5/8th during 21 and 22.

After all, having Foz at 5/8th did stuff all, as we did nothing.

No 5/8th in the NRL has ever been forced to played 2nd row. The rest is history.

Last edited:
Well said Maxta.

I said in 2021 that Des fuuked Schu ova by bringing Foz into the team. Schu could have been anything if he had of played 5/8th during 21 and 22.

After all, having Foz at 5/8th did stuff all, as we did nothing.

No 5/8th in the NRL has ever been forced to played 2nd row. The rest is history.

Thanks XV-1 but don't call me Maxta. He's someone entirely different.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
11 7 4 59 14
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12