Jamil Hopoate is on the path to the NRL with rousing from for Narraweena in local comp

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

lsz

First Grader
Staff member
IT appears only a matter of time before former junior rugby league star Jamil Hopoate is plucked out of park football and picked up by an NRL cIub.

In his third comeback game after serving nine months in jail after pleading guilty to two counts of assault occasioning actual bodily harm in company, Hopoate was again a dominant performer in Narraweena’s 62-0 thrashing of Belrose in their A grade game at Lionel Watts Reserve on Sunday.

“He is a level above, he is a standout and getting points every week,” said Narraweena coach Scott Kenna.

Hopoate is making a big impact playing on the right edge as a secondrower with the Hawks as he continues working on getting his life and football career back on track.

“His contact in defence is strong, he is making heaps of line breaks and he is scoring tries,” Kenna said.

The Narraweena coach said Hopoate had aspirations to step up to the level and has no doubts he is up to it.

“He is a quality player and is definitely NRL material for sure,” Kenna said.

Besides Hopoate fullback Isaac Treml, who is back from a stint playing rugby with Northern Suburbs, and evergreen halfback Willie Bishop had big games.

Forestville beat Pennant Hills 44-4, Valley defeated Willoughby, Narrabeen beat Christian Brothers 32-6 and Avalon defeated Beacon Hill 60-0.

Ladder: Narraweena 21, Forestville 18, Avalon 17, Christian Brothers 17, Belrose 14, Valley 12, Narrabeen 11, Willoughby 10, Pennant Hills 9, Beacon Hill 7.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...p/news-story/495a7d0abe841e746e5e6e0abdc866a4

He may be a stand out in A Grade, but was nothing in NYC @:cool:

The current Hoppa in NYC, is equally unspectacular :cool:

Heck, is Will that mazing anymore? I thought he could have been anything. He's come back from his missionary work, and he's a shadow of that former player.

Now he demands Sunday games off, and has all these other requirements.

Dodged that bullet, I tell you.

He's only played 2 games give him a chance

He looks out of his depth compared to the other kids up from SG Ball.

Will is the only one who has the build and the footy skills in the progeny so far.:(

Lucky for Manly, the Hoppa production line still has not stopped procreating :giggle:

Will is the only one who has the build and the footy skills in the progeny so far.:(

Lucky for Manly, the Hoppa production line still has not stopped procreating :giggle:

Like who?

Like who?
Haven't seen much of the NYC as I am no longer attending all the games like I used to.

But Luke Polselli, Cade Cust and little Jayden El-Jalkh look good. :)

Sione Hopoate is not in this week's NYC Team - maybe injured or replaced @:cool:

Haven't seen much of the NYC as I am no longer attending all the games like I used to.

But Luke Polselli, Cade Cust and little Jayden El-Jalkh look good. :)

Sione Hopoate is not in this week's NYC Team - maybe injured or replaced @:cool:
Well I've watched a few nyc games and think as a centre you need good ball from your halves aka cust and polselli which ain't happening . El -j is from st george 20s bonnie has schoolboy rugby commitments. The boy can play don't worry about that

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4