Pre-Game Manly V Storm [Round 12, 2024]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

26 20
4 Pines Park
24 May 2024 08:00 PM

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
I’m at “ Lake Dunn “ in central QLD , on our way to WA, couple of days of “ rest and recreation “ ( meaning Mrs MFB gets to read books whilst I wet a line ), will have the Sat dish up & watching , and Starlink for internet.

Tough game approaching , almost impossible to pick.

Will on the hill

Bencher
Tipping Member
I' hoping he goes straight into the fullback spot. Show some confidence in the kid and put him where he's needed.
Only speculating here but Saab and Ray are wingers only so that leaves centre and FB. Asking Lehi to play centre in 1st grade would be a huge ask defensively. He has been playing Fullback at Blacktown for 6 weeks and had his best game of the season last week. I'll be shocked if we don't see him at FB tomorrow.

Terry Zarsoff

First Grader
Yup. People laugh at Brad Arthur - but he's what we need. A hard arse who will kick some players arses. Never to make excuses.
One thing that put me off watching the post-match interview last week, was the image of the coach and captain sitting there smiling after a one point loss.

Hard to imagine certain other coaches doing that. Brad Arthur certainly wouldn’t.

Ryan

Journey Man
One thing that put me off watching the post-match interview last week, was the image of the coach and captain sitting there smiling after a one point loss.

Hard to imagine certain other coaches doing that. Brad Arthur certainly wouldn’t.
I'm 100% with you. I couldn't watch , hey !

Since he's been here, wes won 40 odd percent of his games over a year and a half.

His boss has just put contract negotiations on hold.

You'd think he'd be ****ting himself, especially with Arthur (who I think would fit us like a glove - as long as he doesn't bring Barrett), being made available

Terry Zarsoff

First Grader
I'm 100% with you. I couldn't watch , hey !

Since he's been here, wes won 40 odd percent of his games over a year and a half.

His boss has just put contract negotiations on hold.

You'd think he'd be ****ting himself, especially with Arthur (who I think would fit us like a glove - as long as he doesn't bring Barrett), being made available
I doubt if Manly would ever allow Barrett back. They learnt their lesson last time.:)

Rafferty

Mug punter
You'd think they'll be moving Garrick to FB & young Hoppa to centre or wing for his debut surely?
Yep, tough one this, here you go son, I think we’ll place you on the wing, now who would you prefer to oppose Xavier or Worbrick?

Young Hoppa, can I have a moment to think about it coach? I think I’ll stay at the back if that’s ok!

Not going to be an easy assignment, what ever number they stick him in, good luck young man.

JBW

Reserve Grader
Strangely optimistic. Maybe I'm just running on Friday adrenaline. I'd keep Hoppa at fullback. He'll be targeted wherever he plays. I'm not sure he's strong enough to cope with the Storms edge runners using him as a speed bump, and he won't get much help from Burbo or Ploddell. As already said, both their wingers are big as well. Good luck to him anyway

Same game plan as last year when we beat them. Just bash them up the middle and don't let Jerome Hughes get decent ball. That's the only way we can beat them.

My fear is that DCE will just throw long ball after long ball for Saab hoping he can get him into space and it'll lead to two intercept tries .

nightster

The older I get the better I was
Premium Member
Tipping Member
They are missing a lot of playmakers in Pappy, Hughes and Munster. Just mark up on Grant for the full 80, I know, easier said than done and with no Croker. The two big Storm wingers are our biggest danger, need our forwards to dominate, if so, we've definitely got a shot at winning this.
and Hughes

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
The one point third consecutive defeat that knocked us out of the top 8 laughing matter perspective .

The coaches persona rubs their personality on their team
I do not know Seibold and we can not judge a book by its cover
But we can identify a person by their Character and his character is characterised by our teams character on the field

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
Do I have anything nice to say
When we start winning I will
Because there is fck all nice things to say When our Legendary club is losing and out of the top 8
This is Not The Manly Way

Pete W

Bencher

It's disgusting to watch. He has such low standards that the fact we didn't get thrashed was a massive win for him. He's a pretender

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
11 8 3 75 20
12 9 3 70 20
12 8 4 100 18
12 7 5 64 16
12 7 5 57 16
12 7 5 -37 16
12 6 5 36 15