Sack Seibold.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

frank stokes

I discriminate indiscriminately
Not to say he has to play 80 every week, but that timing was horrendous
So just take him off for periods that the opposition are not going to score? That should be easy enough for the coach…

He took him off when we were on top and brought him back on 9 min later in response to a try from the drizzle… Jake played 71 min but that is not enough?

I would suggest that the coach simply cannot win in the eyes of some… played a kid at FB that killed it, introduced new attacking plays (Chez’s switch, angled run to Burbo) that came off (not crediting him with Jake try as that was all Chez), brought Gordy on at a time that he could be effective etc etc…

I could care less, we won a tight game against a quality side and I hope that Seibs coaches that “poorly” for the rest of the season…

jbb/james

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Coaching

For whatever reason i think koula, paseks, burbo, dce, sipley and bully have all improved or gone better under siebs. Aioli is back in form

Getting a fair bit from brown, talau
So good that hoppa played fullback and garrick wasn’t switched

Are we missing players like keppie

Team results are varied but there are sime green shoots

All of our big players have dropped some dead set shockers so our concentration is not quite there . You could feel it as we approached half time, taking some easier options

Great win, another decent spectacle for us fans, tight, gritty

Rocky

Bencher
Still is a dud coach

- we went backwards when Jake was off

- Gordon came on way to late , but when he was on he killed it and got us going forward

- Waddell offers nothing but errors, not first grade standard

- defence still paper thin
So the dud coach made all of the errors you described above and still managed to beat a team coached by one of the all time great coaches?

FMD Bellamy must retire then!

frank stokes

So the dud coach made all of the errors you described above and still managed to beat a team coached by one of the all time great coaches?

FMD Bellamy must retire then!
Storm just had an off night @Rocky (tongue-in-cheek)

Don’t get me wrong, we have had some real disappointments this year with plenty of games we should have won and people are frustrated… I am also frustrated…

However, I am adopting the glass-half-full view that the current management have made some hard calls to move guys on that weighed us down for years (and killed off multiple coaches) and the changes have resulted in a team that have been a chance in every game except 1 (dragons) after 12 weeks - despite a raft of injuries and changes… yes, we should not have 5 in the loss column but I am enjoying watching Manly 2024 as they play some good attacking footy and you know they are always a chance of winning..

Rocky

Bencher
Storm just had an off night @Rocky (tongue-in-cheek)

Don’t get me wrong, we have had some real disappointments this year with plenty of games we should have won and people are frustrated… I am also frustrated…

However, I am adopting the glass-half-full view that the current management have made some hard calls to move guys on that weighed us down for years (and killed off multiple coaches) and the changes have resulted in a team that have been a chance in every game except 1 (dragons) after 12 weeks - despite a raft of injuries and changes… yes, we should not have 5 in the loss column but I am enjoying watching Manly 2024 as they play some good attacking footy and you know they are always a chance of winning..
Yep the reality is that Manly dominated that game.

Of course, it is a worry that they almost blew it (again)

But they have beaten 3 top teams and have been in every game except for one. That is progress amongst the frustrations.

frank stokes

Yep the reality is that Manly dominated that game.

Of course, it is a worry that they almost blew it (again)

But they have beaten 3 top teams and have been in every game except for one. That is progress amongst the frustrations.
Thing that excites me is that Brooks is only going to get better playing with his new team/structures… he was very good (again) last night and hopefully the spine is settled and Brooksy is full of confidence and tearing opposition defences apart by the time finals roll around…

Kiwi Eagle

Staff member
So just take him off for periods that the opposition are not going to score? That should be easy enough for the coach…

He took him off when we were on top and brought him back on 9 min later in response to a try from the drizzle… Jake played 71 min but that is not enough?

I would suggest that the coach simply cannot win in the eyes of some… played a kid at FB that killed it, introduced new attacking plays (Chez’s switch, angled run to Burbo) that came off (not crediting him with Jake try as that was all Chez), brought Gordy on at a time that he could be effective etc etc…

I could care less, we won a tight game against a quality side and I hope that Seibs coaches that “poorly” for the rest of the season…
You do it on circumstance. We had gone up 12 with half an hour to go, and we have a history this season of giving up leads. As soon as I saw him sit down, my first thought was we will let them straight back in, and sure enough they start killing our middle. He comes back on, and immediately it settles down again. If it is a must that he comes off, I would have had him defending at least 3 more sets so we can consolidate a 12 point lead, or even extend it. The middle D is already weakened without Croker

frank stokes

You do it on circumstance. We had gone up 12 with half an hour to go, and we have a history this season of giving up leads. As soon as I saw him sit down, my first thought was we will let them straight back in, and sure enough they start killing our middle. He comes back on, and immediately it settles down again. If it is a must that he comes off, I would have had him defending at least 3 more sets so we can consolidate a 12 point lead, or even extend it. The middle D is already weakened without Croker

Agree with your points about our middle but I reckon Seibs probably brought ‘fresh’ forwards on seeking to ram home our advantage while we were on the front foot… he then responded immediately to the threat when the drizzle scored…
If our replacement forwards step up then it is a genius move… as it was we conceded points but I still think it was the best time to rest Jake…

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
11 8 3 75 20
12 9 3 70 20
11 8 3 112 18
11 7 4 65 16
12 7 5 57 16
12 6 5 36 15
12 7 5 135 14
12 6 6 77 14
11 6 5 -38 14