Seibold is a Myth

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
I don't think Seibs is the problem
He can coach the players to do this and that but it's more the players not following , mistakes drop balls missed tackles is not on Seibs
Defensive structures yes that's a problem yes but too many One on one misses is killing Manly
That 5 mins before 1/2 time is not on Seibs that was on the players, and that proved the difference last night
It’s happened three games now, cause it has problem

Brisbane, Melbourne then Penrith we play the next 3 matches after losing two matches we should have won

We will be at least 12th,probably lower with a bullet if we can't muster any wins.

At least short term Seibold has his Tommy excuse ready to go
Not that Melb or Dolphins use that excuse.

Brisbane, Melbourne then Penrith we play the next 3 matches after losing two matches we should have won

We will be at least 12th,probably lower with a bullet if we can't muster any wins.

At least short term Seibold has his Tommy excuse ready to go
Not that Melb or Dolphins use that excuse.
That excuse would be passable if they hadn’t have just lost to Raiders and Dolphins with him there and the fact that all three of those sides are likely to be missing arguably their best player and halfback

What reason did you have for liking him?Just curious,as I wonder if the reason you liked him was the same as what endeared him to the Penns
I liked what he had to say. He's experienced some big clubs (Storm, Broncos, Bunnies). He's a local. He seemed motivated (I just felt Des was tapering off). He brought in what I thought was good support staff. The intangibles (i.e. pathways), seemed better.

Off the field, we appear much better (commercially I mean).

On the field (including systems, strategies, Defense, culture, recruitment, retention ), we are complete arse.

I just feel let down. Like I say, isn't there ANY players from ANYWHERE, looking to reconnect with him?

I liked what he had to say. He's experienced some big clubs (Storm, Broncos, Bunnies). He's a local. He seemed motivated (I just felt Des was tapering off). He brought in what I thought was good support staff. The intangibles (i.e. pathways), seemed better.

On the field (including systems, strategies, Defense, culture, recruitment, retention ), we are complete arse.

I just feel let down. Like I say, isn't there ANY players from ANYWHERE, looking to reconnect with him?
I agree with the commercial side of things,but I believe that has more to do with Mestrov and his staff, rather than anything Seibold has done.Seibold is a salesman,he’s fooled many with his corporate talk and power point presentations,which would no doubt impress the likes of the Penns,much like the corporates at the Broncos.He’s the very essence of the statement “fake it til you make it” There’s no doubt he has the intelligence,but he seems to not have that “human touch” that others like Bennett,Bellamy,Cleary and co have,that endear them to their players,which inspires them to take that next step

So true Ryan

If short term Seibold is such a good coach and man manager.

Why have there been ZERO players that have joined Manly to be coached by Seibold and improve themselves as a player?,

Yes, Lodge joined Manly, but he has been kicked out of every club he has been with, so hardly any endorsement whatsoever

I see the losses this year (particularly in games we should have won) and our mixed form in recent years through a different lense. Manly lack real "mongrel" across our roster; the type of players who never give in, and want to win at any cost.
Wayne Bennett and the dolphins recruitment was ridiculed before they played a game, but they knew exactly the type of individual character traits they wanted. That's why they recruited Gilbert, Stone, Nicholls, Bromwich, Marshall-king, Aitken, even farnsworth - those guys would rather 'fight than f**k'. They train hard, never say die. That attitude is infectious. The dolphins history of comebacks from large deficits proves this. (This is a part of Bennett's success; for every flashy player in a bennet coached team there was a Peter Ryan/Jeremy Smith type).
This absence of mongrel within this team isn't a reflection of the coaching; it is about recruitment. Guys like bullymore, Sipley, Paulo, don't have that within them and never will; they need to be "fired up" and can't play with consistent aggression because that type of "mongrel" just isn't within them.
Nathan Brown brings some of that, but identifying these types of players (like matai and watmough) and getting a few more in our squad should be a priority.

I like him however I thought moving Des on for Siebs was a massive call.

And when I say I like him. He is giving it everything he has got. He wants the job. He’s passionate about the club. He lives in the area. He seems like a really decent bloke and individual of high integrity. He has made some tough calls as well.

The issue is we have a good roster and the NRL is a ruthless sport. We have lost a bunch of games we should have won. He needs to deliver.

FFS, Bully was tossing up whether to give up league and pursue further tertiary education… and here he is in our top 30 and playing often. That is so far from the winning attitude that’s required to win this comp regardless of his skill set.

And Ola was accidentally discovered… fell into the game. And his lack of running with venom and intent off the back fence supports that. He was a potential champion basketballer… sums us up. We lack hardcore heartfelt players

DCE is happy to make money and his ego wants to play a certain way and build a certain identity… his heart bleeds Manly as long as those 2 things are ticked off. He has sucked the hell out of our cap and we were desperate and blind enough to support it.

Go and find some local kids who play from love and joy. Those are the kids we need. Focus on character like Bellamy.

Rant/

Our problem is the decision making on the field. Its like we have regressed back to the same style of sloppy, ill-disciplined, error ridden and dumb football we we played the last few years. I remember hearing DCE being interviewed early in the season saying we need to build pressure. I can't see how you do that kicking the ball back to the opposition early in the tackle count and hemorrhaging points on the back of low percentage plays, ill discipline and errors. It may be that our players and captain are not listening to our coach.

Did anyone happen to catch Cooper Johns interview on radio this weekend?

I was chatting to a mate last night who summarised the interview, but he basically said Cooper was on radio talking about the difference between Bellamy & Siebold.

Bellamy teaches his teams that their 80th minute needs to be better than their first minute. In comparison, Siebold coaches the boys to come out firing on all cylinders for the first 20 minutes, then drop back.

Considering we get to early leads, only to fuk them up because we're tired and lazy, it's probably accurate. Woeful coaching if true, and blind Freddy can see it isn't working.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
10 8 2 81 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12
11 5 5 30 11