Vave: "We have to improve as a team"

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

lsz

First Grader
Staff member
Tongan international Siosaia Vave says the Sea Eagles must be better as a team than as individuals.

“As individuals we have been playing really good and resilient. We are just hanging in there because we are tough buggers but as a team, we are not really gelling at the moment,’’ Vave said.

“We need to be more smarter. Last week was our best performance as a team even though we didn't come away with the two points.”

http://www.seaeagles.com.au/news/2016/05/30/vave_we_have_to_impr.html

Probably not his first language. Anyway, we didn't hire him for his grammar.
He's hit the nail on the head, and the second half of the competition (when it eventually gets under way, yawn) should bear some fruit.

Vave has slipped a grammatical shocker there but he's always impressed me with how articulate and well spoken he is. His Aus accent has always led me to believe that he was born here, otherwise his parents left Tonga before he could talk..
With that out of the way, yes.. I think he makes a very good point.
The individual effort is there, I can see that for certain. With such a new squad of players they will only get better as the season rolls on. The fact that they're able and willing to admit so, and work on that is all we can hope for while they push through the season.
In their defence, it must be hard to gain cohesion with a different spine each week. 1, 6, 7 and 9 have been our 'random shuffle' jerseys this year..

Interesting tha Wiliame and Wright didn't play NSW Cup last weekend. Could be that Matai and Taufua may not be back against The Raiders?
It's almost like they rested a whole chunk of the squad really - no Symonds or Leary, no Starling, burgess, Mateo (possibly still injured), AFB, Etc.

Tongan international Siosaia Vave says the Sea Eagles must be better as a team than as individuals.

“As individuals we have been playing really good and resilient. We are just hanging in there because we are tough buggers but as a team, we are not really gelling at the moment,’’ Vave said.

“We need to be more smarter. Last week was our best performance as a team even though we didn't come away with the two points.”

http://www.seaeagles.com.au/news/2016/05/30/vave_we_have_to_impr.html
" we have to be more smarter" lol no **** Sherlock

giphy.gif

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8