10 officials

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Why do we need 4 touchies???

I assume there'd be two on each side controlling one half each. The only conceivable benefit of this is they would be closer to the 20m mark to judge close 40/20 kicks. Something that could be achieved by simply putting a post, similar to the corner post, on the 20m line. Something which I can't believe isn't done already actually, given the potential for an incorrect 40/20 call has to change a game.

Edit: Actually read the article, the four touchies and two on field refs will all be between the ruck and defensive line. Ridiculous!!!

Been saying this for at least fives years. I keep getting countered with "it's all for TV"; "we have the technology why not use it?" yadda yadda... But if the decisions were made quickly on the spot and the game kept moving then TV wouldn't be able to show endless replays as they would miss so much live action. It would heighten the enjoyment for we fans who pay to attend, sometimes in bad weather, as we wouldn't have to wait, bored, for the endless replays.
Now, if we could return to having one referee, then RL may once again resemble the game we all grew up loving.

I think tv (meaning the commentators were directed to) encouraged the problem. They always highlighted forever any mistake with 20 video replays and saying 'oh you wouldn't want a GF decided on that decision would you????

Eventually every team got a dud decision so the ....oh I don't know "sheeple" eventually started to agree with channel 9, groundswell of outrage ensued and here we are.

I think the four touchies would be good and when the attacking team gets into the opponent's 20 metre line the two nearest the goal line then go back and act as in touch goalies.

If there is no score or possession changes they then take up their positions as touchies again.

I said that about 20 years ago before they brought in the in-goal umps and the video ref.

Then reduce the refs to one in the middle. Five overall and let the game flow.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6