• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Chip and Chase

True Supporter
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Tipping Member
At last count there were 53 players to score over 100 tries in a first grade career. 7 of them played for Manly for all, or part, of their career. Can we name all 7 ? (try it without Google, although there is only probably one that might test you out)

Steve Menzies..
Bob Fulton..
Graham Eadie..
Dale Shearer..
Micheal o`Connor..
Phil Blake...
Ken Irvine...

Theres my 7 probably only 2 right , never use google ;)

jjai said:
Steve Menzies..
Bob Fulton..
Graham Eadie..
Dale Shearer..
Micheal o`Connor..
Phil Blake...
Ken Irvine...

Theres my 7 probably only 2 right , never use google ;)

Yakkich(spelling) too could be one i missed

Stewie has more than 100, that i know

had to look up the rest, after the obvious 4 or 5

You got 4 right jjai.

Yes Stewie is an obvious one given his little "Gallop" to celebrate the century.

Aww well i done my part :p ,the rest can find the other 3 :D not that i know which 4 of mine are correct..

jjai said:
Aww well i done my part :p ,the rest can find the other 3 :D not that i know which 4 of mine are correct..
Ok i will give 3 more ago Russell Gartner , Bruce Walker , John Dorahy dang Branighan is a possible too i dont know i just guessing ..

Well Irvine and Menzies are pretty obvious as they hold the records for overall, and for a forward respectively. Stewie we have also established cracked the ton this year.

Of the others you named, you could say that one will live for ever on the try scoring list, and the other is staring right at you about to pass you the ball.

Of the final two, one scored only one of his 137 tries in Manly colours, but won 9 premierships and represented NSW and Australia. The other played in our 76 and 78 GF's.

Fulton is definitely one - and as far as I know only three players have scored more than 100 playing for Manly.

Yes Beaver, Bozo and Bullet are the only players to score a hundred tries for Manly.

So we have in order

Irvine 212
Menzies 180
Fulton 147
Blake 138
?????? 137
?????? 112
Stewart 108

Of his 137 tries, Eddie Lumsden only scored 1 of those in his brief 4 game career with Manly. Lumsden moved from Kurri Kurri in 1955 to play with Manly. After just four games he was ruled ineligible on the grounds he didn’t reside in the area. He went onto to have a 158 game career with the Dragons, between 57-66, winning 9 premierships over that time.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4