13+ win would be great

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan
Storm...... 24 +145
Dragons... 23 +101
Manly.......22 +133*
Cowboys...22 +84
Broncos... 22 +50
Tigers......16 +14
Warriors...16 -1
Knights....16 -3
----------------
Dogs.......16 -27
Panthers..14 -21
Rabbits....14 -31
Eels.........13 -86*
Sharks........12 -73
Roosters......12 -77
Raiders........10 -101
Titans.........10 -107

RE: 13+ win is needed

We are short odds in Margin betting at 13+ so the bookies think we can do it :)

A Win will suffice but +13 better

I'll be happy with a win over Parra but to beat them by +13 will be sweeter to overpower the Purple Scum and lead the Premiership.

A win by 14 will put the eels at -100.

I'd just prefer a comfortable win.

We face Sunts and Purple Scum in the coming weeks. With wins there we will pull us away from the leading pack.

There is such a distinction of class and discipline with the top 5 teams and everyone else. Yes, there may be a few upsets here and there, but the quality and consistency of the top 5 teams is unbelievably obvious. Just look at Melbourne today at Leichhardt: easily dominated and gave the Tigers very little.
If Manly turns up tomorrow they get the prize. It is as simple as that. And I'm not saying this with over confidence. It is just the reality. All the other teams outside the top five are still looking to find consistency, or form, or combinations, or discipline... or something.

Brookvale said:
We face Sunts and Purple Scum in the coming weeks.

Unfortunately, after the St Benny game we only have tricky games until the second last and last rounds.

But I guess that's good leading into the next competition, the Finals race.

We are winning by big margins at the moment; i can see the trend continuing. We will be No.1 on Monday night at 10.00pm.....no doubt about it.

True, at this stage it is symbolic value only. Might give the boys a confidence boost, not that they look like they need it.

captainskin said:
There is such a distinction of class and discipline with the top 5 teams and everyone else.
I don't rate the Cowboys up there in such high class as the other 4, and I also rate the Warriors & Tigers as dangerous with the potential to string some good wins together over the coming several weeks.

captainskin said:
If Manly turns up tomorrow they get the prize. It is as simple as that. And I'm not saying this with over confidence.
If our defense is good, we make very few mistakes, and we land several good kicks-in-play we will win this well. I've come up with a winning margin of 22 so I better add that to my bets on this game ;)
Come on Boys!

ssar, the Tigers don't seem to have the penetration against better teams that they had in the past. Sure they can run around and through teams such as the warriors and (will next week the dogs), but against better drilled defensive teams such as ourselves and the Storm, they just lack any punch. I found it amusing that Farah complained this morning about the Storm not being penalized when the Tigers at one stage had six penalties to nil in their game. The warriors just can't seem to hold it together for the full 80. I rate the cowgirls up in Townsville but they, like the warriors, don't travel all that well. Goon, storm, bongoes and ourselves are there with the drugnights coming in fifth is my prediction.

I hope some of you blokes learned a lesson tonight.

That was never going to be a 13+ win. We always have trouble against Parramatta, they are one of those teams that are very mobile and strong, and Hayne is an absolute freak if he wants to be.

As I said in my earlier post in this thread, I just wanted a Manly win and everyone healthy. Manly players always get hurt against Parra, they are brutal if they want to be, and here we are losing Joe and TW for 6 weeks.

sigh :mad:

I'm proud they won, the experience of a tough game and a decent fright will be needed later this year.

NYEagle

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6