1996 Grand Final Team

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

winnyason

Bencher
Have to say there defence was awsome, how about our coach what a champion. One guy who went into the wilderness when he retired, Gartner superb 2nd rower.

winnyason said:
Have to say there defence was awsome, how about our coach what a champion. One guy who went into the wilderness when he retired, Gartner superb 2nd rower.

Went to Bradford '00 I think and won the treble (ESL, CC and WCC).
That was a good team also lost something like only 4 games all season .

Nik Kosef, how versatile injury stopped at absolute star would have been spoken in same manner as clyde. Saints done well considering there side.
Given the salary cap you just don't see teams like that anymore, test backrow, gillespie, carroll then add serdaris to mix. Bringing cliff lyons off the bench, fairly strong to say the least. When Hasler get 10 minutes it shows the depth we had. Never should have ever signed field totally stuffed the balance of toovs, serdaris, kosef and cliffy off the bench.

Ridge totally underated in terms of all time fullbacks, back geez tough as nails was our kicker in all apsects of play. Graham Lowe's best signing by a mile.

cliffhanger said:
Such delight beating the dragons that year.
Ridgey was on fire in the second half.

Hang on, Hancock replaced ridge in 2nd half. He was injured and couldn't play most of that half.

you would have to say a era, which disapoints in terms of titles. Given the domiance, 97 i could handle a few chinks in armour no ridge, pack was aging a little. 95 simply did not turn up on the day.

winnyason said:
you would have to say a era, which disapoints in terms of titles. Given the domiance, 97 i could handle a few chinks in armour no ridge, pack was aging a little. 95 simply did not turn up on the day.

The 95 side seemed flat in beating the knights 12-4 in the Preliminary Finals. Whereas the 96 side went into the grandfinal on the back of a 24–0 win against Cronulla. I think the 96 side was better prepared the second time around and they had better immediate form going into the Grandfinal.

winnyason said:
yeah no doubt, still a bloody good team craig innes remember the fend he put on andrew walker at brookie one night WOW.
I remember him also putting a big one on Matt Sing, they led about 18-0 with about 20 min to go and we ran away with the game.

Shoe1 said:
cliffhanger said:
Such delight beating the dragons that year.
Ridgey was on fire in the second half.

Hang on, Hancock replaced ridge in 2nd half. He was injured and couldn't play most of that half.

Ridge was only off for a bit.

Made a monster try saver in the 2nd half when Mundine was about to score (even though it was ruled a shepard afterwards.)

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4