1st test-Should the Aussies force the follow on?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

byso

First Grader
Theres been alot of discussion in the Media that Ponting did the wrong thing not forcing the follow on.

What do you think?

I personally thought it was great for Australia to bat again. As long as they leave at least 1 1/2 days to bowl a side out I'm happy.

In the end they won by 1 1/2 days by 490 runs. Great work Ponting a skipper who likes to entertain.

I think the situation of the game also has a lot to do with it. ie are our bowlers tired, is the opposition getting too much rest in the change rooms, how long to go.

The biggest influence however has to be the pitch - some pitches play pretty good for 5 days some are almost unplayable on the last day. Its a big risk batting last sometimes as seen in india.

I loved it, I wanna see cricket to be frank I wouldn't of cared if they lost.........well maybe!

At least the Sarties will be over next year. They might at least get to the fifth day occasionally.

South Africa are really dissapointing at the moment. England are carving them up in the First Test in South Africa.

Im really looking forward to the next ashes - i think the poms have a good team thats full of confidence (something they have lacked for 15 years). They should give us a good run and on some of our more recent performances we might lose. We will need to play to our potential to beat them.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4