1st test vs india (Ed Cowan, oh how you bore me)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

The Eagle

First Grader
I'll admit it, I'm a bonafide one day cricket fan and Cowan bores the absolute **** out out me

But I think he is exactly what australia needs to take back our #1 position back in the rankings, he could definatly use a few running lessons

He has more blocks than cadbury and more leaves than the ****ing amazon, but god he goes alright so far, hopefully he continues to bore me

I think Hussey might be playing his last test.....Ponting has cemented his place and Watson still needs to return,i can't see Cowan playing one test not Warner getting the ass, Watson may return for the middle order

Umpires....don't get me started, india are such cowards for being scared of the present, advanced drs is **** though,i like version one, it erred on the side of caution,if the icb had balls india would lose test status until they complied

Watched till Ponting got out and switched back later on.....fail fail fail

Hopefully the umpires are consistently useless

I don't know about Watson playing down the order once he returns. He's on the record as saying he wants to open so that's where he'll probably stay. Cowan has done well but as soon as Watson is fit he will surely make way. Indian tactics to Ponting were strange, tried to bowl short and set him up for catch on pull or hook but didn't bowl short enough. Just succeeded in giving him half track pies to play himself in on. Hussey stiffed, as was Cowan, both prime example of why Indians don't want DRS as it limits their ability to wear down umpires with incessant appealing. Can only hope that Tendulkar gets a little inside edge onto one and gets given LBW, they'll be wishing for a DRS then !! Ridiculous situation that the ICC allow India to dictate terms.

Day could have been so much better if it lacked the presence of Healy, Chappell and Nicholas.

Healy non stop on Cowans case in the 1st session, it's the blokes 1st innings FFS !! Chappell just on non stop about how **** the Indian attack was, Khan at 130km is useless blah blah blah.
And Nicholas, Ponting must be struggling to sit down tonight after having Nicholas so far up his arse for half the day

Chip and Chase said:
I don't know about Watson playing down the order once he returns. He's on the record as saying he wants to open so that's where he'll probably stay. Cowan has done well but as soon as Watson is fit he will surely make way. Indian tactics to Ponting were strange, tried to bowl short and set him up for catch on pull or hook but didn't bowl short enough. Just succeeded in giving him half track pies to play himself in on. Hussey stiffed, as was Cowan, both prime example of why Indians don't want DRS as it limits their ability to wear down umpires with incessant appealing. Can only hope that Tendulkar gets a little inside edge onto one and gets given LBW, they'll be wishing for a DRS then !! Ridiculous situation that the ICC allow India to dictate terms.
Come on mAtie are you high??? The icc let India do what the want because of the television income they get from that slum infested slumhole. I feel for those two umpires because apparently both are fans of drs. It is ludicrous that we can have have every test nation being on favor of using it except on and those rexes get their own way. If I was Clarke I would be telling his bowlers and Haddin to apeal for everything when the surlpee pourers bat

FMD another tendulkar dribble fest, made 73 but with plenty of luck, a few mis hits that almost went to hand

still dont see a difference between him, draved, ponting, lara, kallis etc. Just get sick of the same dribble.

today all i heard on the news was how good tendulkar was but nothing about draved battling through cramp to score almost as many and bugger all about Sewag scorching it around setting the tone and seeing off the new ball so that tendulkar could bat in the best circumstances.

Good to see the Indians weren't questioning the accuracy of the technology when siddle's no ball saved dravid's bacon. KE I gotta agree with you on channel 9 commentary. Woeful. If I hear chappelli or Healy bang on about slips depth or spacing one more time this test I'll scream. There was a good article in yesterday's smh on this same topic that you should read.

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/cricket/charged-with-slow-crimes-in-the-morning-cowan-makes-boxing-day-turkeys-of-healy-and-co-after-lunch-20111226-1paho.html

There is a simple remedy to that one Eagle, keep the foot behind the line

Chip and Chase said:
Good to see the Indians weren't questioning the accuracy of the technology when siddle's no ball saved dravid's bacon. KE I gotta agree with you on channel 9 commentary. Woeful. If I hear chappelli or Healy bang on about slips depth or spacing one more time this test I'll scream. There was a good article in yesterday's smh on this same topic that you should read.

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/cricket/charged-with-slow-crimes-in-the-morning-cowan-makes-boxing-day-turkeys-of-healy-and-co-after-lunch-20111226-1paho.html

Good read

Its the 2 Ians that I can't cop at all, irritate the crap outta me. Was on show why the 1st 2 days of that Hobart test. When NZ were crumbling, it was poor batting, when on day 2 Australia were falling apart, it was time to question the pitch

Bill Lawry is so far above the rest of them it isn't funny, could listen to him all day without a problem. Genuine cricket fan who loves the game no matter who is playing it well

Slater is good as well, used to hate Taylor but he is getting better

May as well give Tong Grieg a 5 min slot somewhere named Tony on Technology, is all he goes on about these days

Nicholas is too much of a fanboy for my liking

weak start in the second after some good bowling this morning. Cowan out to another questionable one - would have been overturned again with DRS, must be geting clsoe to double figures now for umpire **** ups

It wouldn't have been over turned mate coz the umpire gave it out originally. Still don't trust this hawkeye stuff either

Once again test cricket showing why it is so far ahead of the other forms of the game

I had no problem with cowan's lbw. You don't offer, you lose the benefit of the doubt IMO. A lot of wickets from balls being dragged onto stumps. Warner's and marsh's were lazy. Haddin is probably lucky Paine has a long term injury otherwise his number may well be up after this test. A lead of 250 or more will be an interesting chase.

Chip and Chase said:
I had no problem with cowan's lbw. You don't offer, you lose the benefit of the doubt IMO. A lot of wickets from balls being dragged onto stumps. Warner's and marsh's were lazy. Haddin is probably lucky Paine has a long term injury otherwise his number may well be up after this test. A lead of 250 or more will be an interesting chase.

I agree 100% with this especially Cowans LBW, use the bat FFS.

I agree with India for not using the referral system, they have been hammered with bad decisions imo.

It would be a bit like saying "lets refer any Manly tries up to Bill Harrigan if you dont mind."

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7