2 NRL clubs in serious danger of folding

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

DUFFMAN

Bencher
According to Phil Rothfield from the Telegraph 2 NRL cubs are in  serious danger of folding

The NRL has been closely monitoring all clubs to prevent a total disaster.

The first club collapse may be only months away.

He is having a online blog at 1pm on the telegraph website

http://blogs.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/buzzwords/index.php/dailytelegraph/comments/the_two_clubs_in_serious_danger_of_collapse/

Don't know if the NRL will bail out clubs anymore. Eels would be my 1st guess of clubs folding followed by the Sharks

But praying for it to be the Roosters

sharks would 100% be my first bet for clubs folding

These clubs should be allowed to fold as there are too many teams in Sydney.  It will provide an opening to bring back the central coast bears. 

Roosters have too many backers to fold. Sharks is the first one. Second one could be the Tigers. Under Noyce they constantly walked the financial tightrope - and he is a smart operator.

Eels/Panthers aren't doing as well as they were 5 years ago, but they still have too much money to play with to be in financial trouble, surely.

willstyles link said:
Roosters have too many backers to fold. Sharks is the first one. Second one could be the Tigers. Under Noyce they constantly walked the financial tightrope - and he is a smart operator.

Eels/Panthers aren't doing as well as they were 5 years ago, but they still have too much money to play with to be in financial trouble, surely.

I thought the Panthers, but they dont have massive roster, they also have some backing from Panthers which is just a cash cow.

Tigers came to mind for me too. Though I thought they would have been ok given their crowds.

Perhaps it is the Eels, perhaps it is another beat up

i wouldnt be surprised if he pulls our name out of the hat.
Even though its not the case when u think about the financial resources the Penn family has

Dan link said:
              I think we would be no2 if we don't sought out the off field issues

reyam link said:
[quote author=Dan link=topic=179833.msg215273#msg215273 date=1237932146]
              I think we would be no2 if we don't sought out the off field issues
[/quote]

Please. One of our owners just outlaid how much for the Leagues Club?

My guess is the same as your suggestions. $7.8 MILLION down the plug last year would send shivers through the accountants at the Eels. They have to be a main contender. The Sharks went cap in hand to the bank in November for $1 M to cover wages and debts over Xmas but the footy club was only $500,000 in the red for the year. The Tiges have been constantly mentioned as having deep financial trouble but their move to the Sydney Football Stadium has put $600,000 into the coffers. The Panthers to me have the backing of some big dollars so I don't think it is them. We would be better placed than the first three of these clubs.

The Titans asked for their NRL Grant to be paid early too didnt they?

Titans wont fold.

With the A League and AFL getting teams up there in the next 2 years the NRL would prop them up for sure.

The Central Coast Sharks has a good ring to it

It would only take News Ltd to pull in its belt during a recession to cause even the Storm to quickly fold.

Being effectively a one city team in the second biggest population centre of Rugby League support (behind Sydney), only the Broncos are put-your-feet-up safe. And with Broncos owner, News Ltd, controlling the NRL don't hold your breath waiting for any competitor within Brisbane for the Broncos.

How come no-one has mentioned the Raiders or Drugcastle in all of this?  They, along with the Gummies would be my pick.

Which ever one might fold, its a sure bet that there wil be lots of wailing and nashing of teeth and outright teary whinging by a bunch of their supporters......especially if they are eels  :D

Raiders actually is a big possibility they struggle to get players because of where they are and they are lagging in crowds.

Its a shame Canberra have always flown under my Raider and they really did have some awesome teams in the past

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6