2 things....

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

chrisos

Reserve Grader
Firstly i wanted to comment on T rex,just wanted to see what your guys view on this guy is?
He looked solid today at times,obviously with his size he has the ability to brush off defenders and it would be good to see how he goes especially in some open space when he has wound up a little,personaly i think he has improvement in him as im sure most people will agree,played great against the knights,but today i guess he made a couple of bad reads again in defence today (one occasion that led to the Warriors try it was 2 on 1 so i guess he was in 2 minds,excusable,and glad hes not in the centres where he could be exploited even more but not everyone can play great in afew different position) but all in all he looks like he could develop into a good prospect,your thoughts here??

Also,did anyone watching the game notice on the last play of the first half when the Warriors were right on our line,that the clock hit 40 mins while they were tackled on the ground and the siren did not sound? Fox guys commented on it saying it seemed belated,it allowed the warriors to put on one more play which they nearly scored from but didnt thank god!This could have turned the game on its head,it really did seem like the siren was delayed to give them obe more shot,did anyone notuce this,THOUGHTS PLEASE?!?

Same thing happened with the full time siren in the Toyota Cup game. Maybe the time keepers watch is a little slow, like most things in NZ ;)

ahhhh ok,well when i was watching the game it lead me to think they had to cheat to beat us today.

chrisos link said:
Firstly i wanted to comment on T rex,just wanted to see what your guys view on this guy is?
He looked solid today at times,obviously with his size he has the ability to brush off defenders and it would be good to see how he goes especially in some open space when he has wound up a little,personaly i think he has improvement in him as im sure most people will agree,played great against the knights,but today i guess he made a couple of bad reads again in defence today (one occasion that led to the Warriors try it was 2 on 1 so i guess he was in 2 minds,excusable,and glad hes not in the centres where he could be exploited even more but not everyone can play great in afew different position) but all in all he looks like he could develop into a good prospect,your thoughts here??

He is full of promise, thats for sure, but im not sold on him yet by a long shot. He has improved this year and im glad he isnt in the centres.

He had room to move from kick returns today on more than one occasion & didnt wind up or break the line. Not sure what to predict with him but for the moment im happy to run with him where he is.

What does everyone want to happen when D. Williams returns ? It might be like the incumbancy vote in political elections.  

Pepi link said:
T-Rex off the bench as a 2nd rower?

We really need wolfman's speed.

Thats where i had him in my pre season team lists. But Des wont listen to me  8)

Agree on the speed factor.

Obviouslly wolfie will go back to wing but hmmmmm what to do with t rex,yea  i guess into the forward pack ,off the bench,with a frame like his his defending would be more suited to the middle of the ruck too,

also if t rex did move into the forwards,with his abilty to break tackles and brush off defenders like he did today he would be handy as scud missile launching at the line from close range to barge over from a tap etc..... 8)

Tony needs to learn to use his upper and lower body at the same time. He runs, hits the line and tries to push his way through with his upper body and stops driving with his legs.

David should come back in Qld Cup. He was pretty poor last year and will need 1 or 2 runs before coming back, not just for match fitness but for confidence.

T rex did have the most tackle breaks yesterday so as a wide running forward off the bench sound right.

Are people thinking he could be used like Dave Taylor was last year with the Broncs?  Running at the line as a centre.  I agree with the assessment of his running style.  He seems so slow and doesn't seem to go full blast when he has the ball, ala Lote Tiquiri. Anyway, he's going better with each game so improvement is there.

As long as he's improving game by game, and he gains confidence.. I'll take it. Every game we see a little more improvement and potential.. I take back all the negative stuff I said last year about him.

GO T-REX! GO MANLY!

Silentbob has hit it on the head.... he needs to keep running once he hits the line... he always stops and tries to use his chest to push people off.. just keep running hard, son!

His defence is shocking.... I think I caught him running away from Ropati on the weekend....

T-Rex is a frustrating player to watch. Him not winding up is one of the worst parts of the game

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4