20,000 Members

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

simon64

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
The club has announced to the members today, its ambitious plan to hit 20,000 members in 2018.

How can they be so disconnected from the feeling that is flowing through the current members and the wider supporter base ?

As far as I can see, their only real hope is to sign up more pets and casual attendees to the legendary "one game membership"......a clear case of doctoring the numbers for the sake of propaganda driven self promotion.

How can they possibly set such a goal when they've spent the last 2 years systematically tearing apart the fabric of the club ?

The Gift "no contract" saga.

The sacking of Tooves with no regards to his legend status and claiming it was for poor results. What a crock.

The enlistment of Baz (even though it's hardly his fault).

Handing virtual cart blanche to a megalomaniac like Bozo. What has he done that's so phenomenal ?

So good luck with the goal boys. But I for one can't see it happening any time soon. And they have only themselves to blame.

As I always say it depends on what you think is a representative sample

I have a group of mates who I have been going to games with for years. Now we all bring our kids and it is great....and not one of them is on here.

They are disappointed when players are moved on, have zero interest or idea about Zorba and are excited for next year. I would suggest that is the case for the majority of fans

We had 70,000 supporters at the 2007,08 and 11 grand finals....if (and it is a big if) we are successful there is no reason why we could crack 20k

Well over 5k have rejoined in first couple of days!

To get there however we would need to have a cracker of season in 2017

As I always say it depends on what you think is a representative sample

I have a group of mates who I have been going to games with for years. Now we all bring our kids and it is great....and not one of them is on here.

They are disappointed when players are moved on, have zero interest or idea about Zorba and are excited for next year. I would suggest that is the case for the majority of fans

We had 70,000 supporters at the 2007,08 and 11 grand finals....if (and it is a big if) we are successful there is no reason why we could crack 20k
I've said the same thing before. The majority just do not care. They support the colours and whatever team is out there coached by whoever. That is actually normal.

The club has announced to the members today, its ambitious plan to hit 20,000 members in 2018.

How can they be so disconnected from the feeling that is flowing through the current members and the wider supporter base ?

As far as I can see, their only real hope is to sign up more pets and casual attendees to the legendary "one game membership"......a clear case of doctoring the numbers for the sake of propaganda driven self promotion.

How can they possibly set such a goal when they've spent the last 2 years systematically tearing apart the fabric of the club ?

The Gift "no contract" saga.

The sacking of Tooves with no regards to his legend status and claiming it was for poor results. What a crock.

The enlistment of Baz (even though it's hardly his fault).

Handing virtual cart blanche to a megalomaniac like Bozo. What has he done that's so phenomenal ?

So good luck with the goal boys. But I for one can't see it happening any time soon. And they have only themselves to blame.
They'll be giving memberships to anyone that walks past Brookvale Oval or shops at Warringah Mall

I cancelled our familys 7 person membership auto renewal.

I will renew, but the 1 game is looking good at the moment..
I love the club, but the Penns arent getting my $ anytime soon.

Used to sponser a couple of years ago, until the sponsorship structure changed, and we were cut out in favour of empty signage spaces,,,,
The local cricket team gets our sponsor monies now...

They tried to change my mind by sending me the renewal email 7 times.

On top of all the other things I'm p*ssed off about, that really takes the cake - I thought the multiple-email bombardment had stopped, but it seems they save it for renewal time.

Yeah...nah.

It's not that I don't support the team.. I'm as maroon & white as any of you. I just can't stomach whats been going on the last few years. I'm not going to buy a membership. last season I said the same but the wife bought me & my son one. I didn't go to many games last season. I became an armchair supporter. Prior to the last couple of seasons I went to every game I could drive to & usually made the Brisbane games. I've lost the will sorry.

whinge about gift not being offered a contract then whinge about Tooves getting sacked in the next line, which we all know was because he didn't offer gift a contract which got Mr Stewart mate Ztc offside.

You can't have it both ways.

To me this is just another keyboard hero whinge

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8