20/20 Squad (Also no Hayden)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

clontaago

First Grader
Twenty20 squad:

Ricky Ponting (Tas, capt), Mike Hussey (WA, vice capt), David Hussey (Vic), Ben Hilfenhaus (Tas), James Hopes (Qld), Nathan Bracken (NSW), Brad Haddin (NSW), Shaun Marsh (WA), Shaun Tait (SA), David Warner (NSW), Ryan Harris (Qld), Cameron White (Vic), Nathan Hauritz (NSW).

Awesome to see Warner there. Very exciting.

I'd love to see how he goes against an international lineup (if he makes the final cut), because the power with which he hits the ball is just staggering. If he could do it on a bigger stage, it will be particularly impressive.

Wonder when he'll get a run in NSW's four-day team!

With Jaques back soon I can't see it happening unless there are injuries. He should've played the last couple instead of Mail.

Great to see him make the squad. Hits a ball as clean as anyone. Ever.

Volley link said:
With Jaques back soon I can't see it happening unless there are injuries. He should've played the last couple instead of Mail.

Great to see him make the squad. Hits a ball as clean as anyone. Ever.

Good point, although one of Jaques or Hughes HAS to be in the Test team....surely!!

he was not in the auction as he wasnt an international player, so the franchise could sign him outside it, same as Moises Henriques.

Won't be long before international bowlers start working him out and bolwing full outside off stump. He'll still be effective but wont have the free reign to hack to leg as he does now.

Good to watch though :)

pigs arse, they do it for a living.

the question is whether he can adapt to having to hit through there all the time.

Who knows, he might be dynamite through cover as well.

anyway you look at it the kids was awesome last night, for a debut match in front of a crowd that big, it was just huge

Time to get a game in Sheffield Shield for this young bloke, listening to David Boon & Dean Jones recently at a function they said that there are only 9 state contracted players under the age of 25 hence the problem with bringing in young blokes to the national squad ie there are not many of them.

100% right wheel, in the theory although I dont know if the figures are right.

the top 25 are national contracts so they dont count against those state figures,

thats the problem with having state level players able to make a living from the game, they are going to stay at it longer, and who wouldn't if they were able to do so?

But the aging player thing is a definate stumbling block to talented younguns.

Just checked the figures on those Wheel

there are actually 36 contracted players turning 25 this year. and each state has about 18 - 20 players.

so thats around 40%

and no that doesnt include Rookie contracts.

The Wheel link said:
Time to get a game in Sheffield Shield for this young bloke, listening to David Boon & Dean Jones recently at a function they said that there are only 9 state contracted players under the age of 25 hence the problem with bringing in young blokes to the national squad ie there are not many of them.
  The Gen X ceiling.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4