2010 season doomed from the start

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

mutley

Reserve Grader
in my humble unimportant opinion 2010 was gone for manly before a football boot was even laced.

at the end of last season manly resigned 2 wingers, robbo and wolfman to healthy contracts, whilst they are good players , they are only wingers, 1 or both should of been let go to release funds and possibly keep jwh, espicially given the clubs signing of 2 average forwards in cross and joe

the directors of the board decided graham lowe should be the ceo, despite the fact the last time he was associated with the club as a coach he just about wrecked the joint.

our 2009 captain and playmaker, matt orford was basically training with the team during the off season as a unsigned player, if it can happen to the captain, what sort of confidence does that instill in the other off contract players, and how would team morale be if players know there unwanted
it showed during the year when perry and matai were told to look elsewhere, luckily the salary cap was increased and manly came to their senses regarding matai.

for some reason someone within the club thought it was a great idea for the players to basically run plays flat out for 30 minutes before kick off, manly looked and played great for 40 minutes, and looked tired in the second half, yet for some reason they persisted with this.

des has never been one for taking chances and is slow on bringing players through it cost us a gun in jwh last year and the club could of and should of put a option on hodkinson contract when they deemed him the man for the number 7, time will tell if that was another bad call

it was clear early in the season that the team wasnt performing, yet week in week out the same team was picked, replacements were needed just to give the poorly performing guys a wake up call, and who knows one or 2 of the young guys promoted might of taken the opportunity to play nrl with both hands. i also believe by picking the same line up des is rewarding complacency.

whilst injuries affected the team in certain positions the fact that only 24 players were used throughout the season doesnt instill much confidence in the rest of the playing roster, little wonder the guys in toyota cup are taking up offers made to them by other clubs.

whilst manly still might be alive in 2010 pending tonights game, i dont think they will progress much further and i ant see 2011 changing if the same ideas and policies are to be used

Mate I said it in another thread. but the reason we are going badly is lack of cattle on the field.

If we had

B Stewart
Robbo
Matai
Killer
T-Rex
Foran
Hodgo
G Stewart
Choc
Shane Rodney
Perry
Balin
King

Kite
Rose
GI Joe
Cross

on the field and fit, we would be PASTING the competition.  

We will lose King and Matai and Joe as well next week.  It's only going to get worse.

Matabele link said:
And does anyone think the ship can be turned around by Graham Lowe?

We are listing worse than the titanic and without a major injection of new talent in the offseason I cannot see next year being any better. 

CLIT COMMANDER link said:
Mate I said it in another thread. but the reason we are going badly is lack of cattle on the field.

If we had

B Stewart
Robbo
Matai
Killer
T-Rex
Foran
Hodgo
G Stewart
Choc
Shane Rodney
Perry
Balin
King

Kite
Rose
GI Joe
Cross

on the field and fit, we would be PASTING the competition.  

We will lose King and Matai and Joe as well next week.  It's only going to get worse.

That same forward pack has not performed for 2 years now. Why will it be any different next year.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7