2011 Trials

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

manlyforever08

Reserve Grader
Sunday Tele had a list of all the trials for 2011.
Manly only have 2 by the looks of it.

v Sharks Friday 11th February @ Brookvale Oval @ 7pm
v NZ Saturday 26th February @ North Harbour Stadium, Auckland NZ @ 6pm (local time)

I've never been to a trial before - is there like entry fee? just curious :)

Yes....I went to a few when they played up here at the Sunny Coast, it's almost like a normal game entrance.

yeah the beers cost the same as a premiership round too lol...

They are all right, used to go to them all the time when they were at brookvale, usually a quiet experience, but a good chance to see the boys run out a little earlier.

Everything's the same as a regular season match, same entry fees, same food & drink prices, same everything.

Just not full crowd support or full regular teams. They seem to trot out all the 'Neville Nobodies' that wear the First Grade kits

Last years Cronulla was $8 or some amount near to that, not a bank breaker by any account.

They're usually good fun, bit of a pre-season catch up for all the crew & have fun watching some footy.

Don't really understand the point of having a trial at Brookie.  Should be mandatory to take these games to bush.  Your not going to sell any more membership by playing a game at Brookie but if you take the game to the Riverina, ie Wagga/Griffith and spend a few days down there and do some promotional and have a sportsmans dinner or two you'll pick up a couple of hundred new membership easily.

Masked Eagle link said:
Don't really understand the point of having a trial at Brookie.  Should be mandatory to take these games to bush.  Your not going to sell any more membership by playing a game at Brookie but if you take the game to the Riverina, ie Wagga/Griffith and spend a few days down there and do some promotional and have a sportsmans dinner or two you'll pick up a couple of hundred new membership easily.

Very good point. Talk about missed opportunities.

I disagree, look @ the way souths do their members only trial at redfen. They pack that place out and all their members get in for free as part of their membership.

We should do something like this not move it to the bush.

Jonesyv2 link said:
I disagree, look @ the way souths do their members only trial at redfen. They pack that place out and all their members get in for free as part of their membership.

We should do something like this not move it to the bush.

So you are saying the clincher to get memberships higher for those already living on the northern beaches would be to give them a free ticket to a trial game? 

I'm looking forward to this match, can't wait. it will be so good to see some footy again. Plus it'll be interesting to see who's named and how the new guys go.

The Bunnies trial last year at Redfern was a very special day for Rabbitoh supporters. Presented Sam with his new jersey, introduced a host of past greats, they did a lap of the place, Mario got up close and personal with everyone on the fence, has a celebrity touch game before hand. To me it was a fine blueprint for something similar at Brookie.

The difference with what Souths do and us, is that they only play one game a year at Redfern, that is what makes it special for their supporters, a chance to return to the old ground.

I hope we never get to the point where going to Brookie is a once a year special event.

My Souths brother went to it and he reckoned it was a clincher in bringing the club together!! Fans went on field and chatted to players etc. Great idea doing this at Brooky. Look at this, if we only have 3000 fans and lots are from outside Northern beaches eg Me and Berkeley are from Gong. loads from west etc we need to get "locals" signed up. Use this as a clincher!!

ManlyBacker link said:
The Bunnies trial last year at Redfern was a very special day for Rabbitoh supporters. Presented Sam with his new jersey, introduced a host of past greats, they did a lap of the place, Mario got up close and personal with everyone on the fence, has a celebrity touch game before hand. To me it was a fine blueprint for something similar at Brookie.

That is a great promotion by souths but suggest that you don't hold your breath waiting for Lowe and Des to organise something similar.

Brookie4eva link said:
The difference with what Souths do and us, is that they only play one game a year at Redfern, that is what makes it special for their supporters, a chance to return to the old ground.

I hope we never get to the point where going to Brookie is a once a year special event.

Exactly.  You can't tell me if your living near Brookvale and you weren't a member a trial match is going to get you to sign up.  Being in camp for a week in a regional centre, getting out to the local communities/schools and spreading the good word of the Sea Eagles, getting some good exposure in different markets, thats a good trial match.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6