2012 Report card good for 2013

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

MK Eagle

Bencher
After checking the 2012 Report Card on League Central for 2012 things are shaping well for 2013.
5th in Total metres
6th in linebreaks
2nd in offloads
6th in tries
4th in tacklebusts
Considering there was a more flambouyant & unpredictable attack under Tooves the bad part was 16th in errors. No doubt expected when changing your attacking structure to what I viewed as far more entertaining. The only times this failed imo is when Manly went sideways instead of direct falling into the Tigers catagory. Keep in mind there were loads of major injuries & suspensions on the way so the signs look good with expected improvement in all areas for 2013.
Some great retention & new signings will hopefully have the 2013 report card up with the best, especially if defence improves with the above stats as No 1.

MK Eagle said:
After checking the 2012 Report Card on League Central for 2012 things are shaping well for 2013.
5th in Total metres
6th in linebreaks
2nd in offloads
6th in tries
4th in tacklebusts
Considering there was a more flambouyant & unpredictable attack under Tooves the bad part was 16th in errors. No doubt expected when changing your attacking structure to what I viewed as far more entertaining. The only times this failed imo is when Manly went sideways instead of direct falling into the Tigers catagory. Keep in mind there were loads of major injuries & suspensions on the way so the signs look good with expected improvement in all areas for 2013.
Some great retention & new signings will hopefully have the 2013 report card up with the best, especially if defence improves with the above stats as No 1.

Mistakes/discipline were very costly this year. Injuries and suspensions are something every club deals with, but to run 16th in errors is bad. On the other hand, to run 16th in errors and still go as far as we did is not bad, ALL things considered.

wouldn't being 1st in the errors dept be worse than being 16th out of 16 teams?
or do the least amount of errors go first?

Brookie said:
wouldn't being 1st in the errors dept be worse than being 16th out of 16 teams?
or do the least amount of errors go first?

SSHHHH!! Us Qlders are smart i tells ya! QUEENSLANDER!!! :)

Yeh its a double edged sword in the fact our offloads were 2nd showing a willingness to keep the ball alive & Tooves definately let the lease off allowing players to play more ad -lib. After being robotic its hard to transform overnight to play whats in front of you. This is probably a major factor in errors & some of those games where Manly had a significant lead & 2nd half come out playing sideways, leading to poor ball security & turnovers. Probably 4-5 of those games hold accountability for 50% of those errors??
Just feel in a sense it was a teething stage in 2012 adapting to a completely different style of coach, if we still went well in 2012 theres expectation of a huge 2013 imo.

Like most stats, you don't get the full story.
16th in errors - could that be due to linebreaks/half breaks/ad line hitups where if the pass sticks it's risk v reward?
At least we were on the front foot most times having a go - and our recent history will tell us that our guys will back themselves even when we're not. If we were playing % and came up with errors then that's a different story.
As MK commented on when you've got the game in the bag by h/t, chances are you're gonna throw caution to the wind.

Nice thread MK, the future looks bright,

StuBoot said:
Nice thread MK, the future looks bright,

He had to get a good one going eventually :p

I would be more interested in our trend to determine how we are placed for next season, are we on the slide with these measures or are we on the up and up?

A couple of other stats (you know you love them)

We had 5 players break 2000m with the ball this year

Brett Stewart - 2043
Dean Ware - 2264
Brent Kite - 2382 (GO KITEY)
Anthony Watmough - 2921
Jorge Taufua - 3266 (SOMEBODY STOP ME!!)

The top 4 tacklers in the NRL were

Matt Ballin - 1129
Kevin Kingston - 1070
Dallas Johnson - 1016
cam Smith - 1001

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8