2013 GF Manly v Roosters (gotta be an investigation!)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRCsdrimYPY

Published on 19 Oct 2013
If Manly won a GF with such one-sided refereeing, you would never hear the end of it! Let the Channel 9 commentators tell the story:

3rd (0:00): Pearce knocks on near Roosters line (refs miss it). Sterling: 'yeah it's a knock on', Warren: '99% of the time they would call that a knock on'.

11th (1:38): Pearce hand in play the ball makes Foran lose it (refs miss it). Warren: 'it should have been a Manly penalty'.

27th (3:21): Buhrer penalised for strip from kickoff after the try. Sterling: 'you haven't got time at full speed to think of doing that'.

30th (4:10): Roosters penalty goal after JWH drops the ball in the play the ball then head butts Horo. (refs should have reversed penalty, they blame Horo for it). Warren: 'I was wondering if the foul play may have seen it reversed'

33rd (6:08): Ballin penalised for tackle on Pearce after he kicks it (should not have been a penalty). Gould: 'that's a harsh one, a real harsh one'

38th (6:50): Jennings deflects Lyon kick into touch near Roosters line (refs miss it). Gould: 'the Roosters may have played at that'.

42nd (7:33): Penalty try to Manly. Sterling: 'the reason no one has been sent to the sin bin is because they have awarded (the try)'.

51st (12:47): Jake Friend tackles DCE late and high (refs miss it). Warren: 'there was probably a little bit of a question mark on that tackle'.

59th (14:53): Forward pass for SKD try (refs miss it). Gould: 'no risk in the world, that ball goes forward'.

70th (17:25): Jennings changes line to obstruct Lyon coming in for bomb near Roosters line (refs miss it). From next set Roosters get penalty from play the ball (for what?) and make break after touch finder leading to Jennings try. Sterling: 'at the other end of the field, I thought it was a penalty in favour of Manly'

All these incidents went against Manly except the penalty try and Aubusson should have been sin binned for 10 minutes if the penalty try was not awarded. There were no other incidents that the commentators called that went Manly's way.

Take off 14 points for 2 incorrect Roosters tries and penalty goal and 4 points for Manly penalty try and Manly wins 14-12!

Also Roosters fans showed great sportsmanship by booing DCE and Lyon during their speeches (22:19 DCE, 23:49 Lyon).

Also checkout the refs leaving the stage with big smiles on their faces (25:40).

To support the Sea Eagles, click: http://www.mwse.com.au

Berkeley_Eagle said:
Also checkout the refs leaving the stage with big smiles on their faces (25:40).
BE, all that was nearly out of my head but those facts have stirred my inner Matai.
Add to that, the lovely Mr Smith with his soccer accent, stating that it was one of the all time great Grand Finals. :mad: Yeah right.
We absolutely need to, legally and emphatically, smash those Latte lickers next year.
Oh-hyphened one, we're coming to get you.;)

Berkeley_Eagle said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRCsdrimYPY

Published on 19 Oct 2013
If Manly won a GF with such one-sided refereeing, you would never hear the end of it! Let the Channel 9 commentators tell the story:

3rd (0:00): Pearce knocks on near Roosters line (refs miss it). Sterling: 'yeah it's a knock on', Warren: '99% of the time they would call that a knock on'.

11th (1:38): Pearce hand in play the ball makes Foran lose it (refs miss it). Warren: 'it should have been a Manly penalty'.

27th (3:21): Buhrer penalised for strip from kickoff after the try. Sterling: 'you haven't got time at full speed to think of doing that'.

30th (4:10): Roosters penalty goal after JWH drops the ball in the play the ball then head butts Horo. (refs should have reversed penalty, they blame Horo for it). Warren: 'I was wondering if the foul play may have seen it reversed'

33rd (6:08): Ballin penalised for tackle on Pearce after he kicks it (should not have been a penalty). Gould: 'that's a harsh one, a real harsh one'

38th (6:50): Jennings deflects Lyon kick into touch near Roosters line (refs miss it). Gould: 'the Roosters may have played at that'.

42nd (7:33): Penalty try to Manly. Sterling: 'the reason no one has been sent to the sin bin is because they have awarded (the try)'.

51st (12:47): Jake Friend tackles DCE late and high (refs miss it). Warren: 'there was probably a little bit of a question mark on that tackle'.

59th (14:53): Forward pass for SKD try (refs miss it). Gould: 'no risk in the world, that ball goes forward'.

70th (17:25): Jennings changes line to obstruct Lyon coming in for bomb near Roosters line (refs miss it). From next set Roosters get penalty from play the ball (for what?) and make break after touch finder leading to Jennings try. Sterling: 'at the other end of the field, I thought it was a penalty in favour of Manly'

All these incidents went against Manly except the penalty try and Aubusson should have been sin binned for 10 minutes if the penalty try was not awarded. There were no other incidents that the commentators called that went Manly's way.

Take off 14 points for 2 incorrect Roosters tries and penalty goal and 4 points for Manly penalty try and Manly wins 14-12!

Also Roosters fans showed great sportsmanship by booing DCE and Lyon during their speeches (22:19 DCE, 23:49 Lyon).

To support the Sea Eagles, click: http://www.mwse.com.au

flat,550x550,075,f.jpg

B_E the 2013 grand final will be looked back on as a match we lost, but yet we gained so much more than the Roosters, who won the premiership.

The gutsy and skilful way our team played the finals, and especially the classy way they handled that cruel loss, has won over many 1000s of new fans.

I haven't thought of max headroom in years and eons!

Well lucky anderson has quit so no one has anything to answer for.

Especially since they'll just say they (refs) did a good job.

Time to move on! I could not talk about it for days after the game.
Reality is we had the game won and yes with the refs help we let them take it from us. The ref did not cut us through the middle in the last 20. It was SBW and co.
It still was our grand final to lose and unfortunately we lost and nothing is going to change it.
We had a great year in 2013 :)

The reffing was unacceptable in a number of games throughout the year and the reffing in the grand final was down right abhorrent.

And really with the technology we have these days there is very little excuse, for such incompetence.

Now with Daniel Anderson leaving to another role elsewhere, where does the buck stop......? Any accountability for Anderson, Hayne or the NRL for that matter? Or does this rubbish get swept under the carpet....?

Yes there should be an investigation.......!

I know we lost the grand final this year in tragic circumstances but I think the team has earned new respect from fans, the press and the professionals alike. In the DT today they mention about our "winning culture" and that Toovey "is developing into a first class coach." Manly is also equal third favourite with Melbourne for the 2014 season. In years gone by there would have been more negative comments than positive ones. Its really great for the players and coaching staff to get the respect that they deserve.

I cannot let this lie.

I watched the grand-final again last Sunday.

I am still incensed by the poor refereeing on Shayne Hayne.

I put on my Manly jumper and wore it proudly.

Some Rooters fans said something and I let him have both barrels - and finished with something like Shayne's mum and dad are yet to be married.

I was watching the Scots v Tonga and when I heard Shayne was the referee I couldn't stop myself from booing very loudly.

I postured to my wife and said I wonder if he'll favour Scotland as Kitey and Jorge were playing for Tonga.

Was I right or wrong as I didn't get to see the entire game?

Don't hate me because my team won the comp. If I didn't support Easts then I'd probably be supporting the Sea Eagles. I saw a link to this site after the premiership triumph, and was bored today so decided to return to see if you had recovered yet.

Yes the refereeing was poor, but it went both ways.

There are question marks over Taufua's try due to obstruction.

The OP was quoting the commentary team. The commentary team also mentioned that they thought it wasn't a penalty try.

So Jenko blocked Lyon? Manly did the same thing all night.

Manly didn't get a penalty for a late tackle on the kicker? That's because when it was done on Pearce his legs were targeted. When Friend tackled DCE it was around the chest.

You mention no penalty when Pearce's hand interfered with Foran and he lost it. The following set a Manly player's foot interfered with the ball and Easts got no penalty. Late in the game Ballin's hand knocked the ball away from JWH. If we're being consistent then you should be demanding penalties for these offences too.

Easts players were consistently held back. Mini was tackled without the ball, and the ref called knock on. In the second half Wolfman held back Jenko and we got no penalty.

And if you look at the Maloney 'forward pass', his hands weren't facing forwards. At worst they were flat. So the ball did not come out forward (it only drifted forward due to momentum) so it wasn't a forward pass

In summary, some calls did go against you. But you also got some favourable calls too. In the end they balanced out

Roosters2013 said:
Don't hate me because my team won the comp. If I didn't support Easts then I'd probably be supporting the Sea Eagles. I saw a link to this site after the premiership triumph, and was bored today so decided to return to see if you had recovered yet.

Yes the refereeing was poor, but it went both ways.

There are question marks over Taufua's try due to obstruction.

The OP was quoting the commentary team. The commentary team also mentioned that they thought it wasn't a penalty try.

So Jenko blocked Lyon? Manly did the same thing all night.

Manly didn't get a penalty for a late tackle on the kicker? That's because when it was done on Pearce his legs were targeted. When Friend tackled DCE it was around the chest.

You mention no penalty when Pearce's hand interfered with Foran and he lost it. The following set a Manly player's foot interfered with the ball and Easts got no penalty. Late in the game Ballin's hand knocked the ball away from JWH. If we're being consistent then you should be demanding penalties for these offences too.

Easts players were consistently held back. Mini was tackled without the ball, and the ref called knock on. In the second half Wolfman held back Jenko and we got no penalty.

And if you look at the Maloney 'forward pass', his hands weren't facing forwards. At worst they were flat. So the ball did not come out forward (it only drifted forward due to momentum) so it wasn't a forward pass

In summary, some calls did go against you. But you also got some favourable calls too. In the end they balanced out

Nice spin. I'm not going to bother over the one-side refereeing, but just ask yourself this: Why wasn't Easts - the most penalised team in the comp - penalised for the final 60-odd minutes of that match?
Shame Hayne: the best referee money can buy!

We don't hate you.

We just hate bored easts supporters who join just to tell us "calls went both ways" then rattle off a few dubious ones, totally make up a few others, and generally prattle on when all and sundry can see we were robbed.

edit: Oh noes, I just fedz teh troll!

The Who said:
Nice spin. I'm not going to bother over the one-side refereeing, but just ask yourself this: Why wasn't Easts - the most penalised team in the comp - penalised for the final 60-odd minutes of that match?
Shame Hayne: the best referee money can buy!

everybody knows the refs put their whistles in their pocket for the big matches.

and you only lost the penalty count by 3. You won it by 7 against us a couple of weeks earlier and couldn't get the job done then!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4