2013 NRL Draw to Effect Season Membership Numbers?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Aetna

Reserve Grader
I believe the 2013 NRL Draw will effect most teams in season membership numbers.

I, along with lots friends & family members didn't get our usual Manly Warringah Sea Eagles Football Club membership this year due to the draw.
See most of us have to travel from all over Sydney these days & finish work too late for Monday, Thursday & Friday nights. Manly are not playing hardly any Sunday afternoon or Saturday night matches which we can attend.

Is it becoming all about TV & not the fans?

It is becoming all about TV.

The problem for us is that Manly fans live in a difficult part of Sydney regarding transport and traffic. The traffic on Friday nights is terrible, not to mention by the time you get to Brookvale, trying to find a car spot. And for those who catch a bus, you're often standing the whole journey.

If the NRL and TV companies are giving teams poor scheduling, they should at least include free transport in the ticketing.

2 Sunday arvo games for us in 20 rounds is appauling, especially when we have 7 Monday night games in 12 weeks.

I agree that the draw does not help. I renewed anyway.

However, if they ever got rid of the member's cap...........;)

A Manly & Tigers game in Gosford on the Thursday night of Easter. The fans access to get to the game must have never even come up when the NRL scheduled that time & day.

From the NRL all is going well they say
http://www.nrl.com/nrl-breaking-membership-records/tabid/10874/newsid/71342/default.aspx
NRL breaking membership records
Andrew Bryan NRL.com Mon, Mar 25, 2013 - 11:00 AM

I think you are right and wrong.

1) Some members may not have renewed due to the draw.
2) But the whole "be Manly be a member" thing is growing.

Just look at the numbers in attendance for Brisbane and Gold Coast games, most of those are Country Members.

Add to that how cheap it is to be a member (compared to buying tickets as you go along).

Still value for money in my eyes

I can understand that the draw might put some off the membership level they had previously purchased, but if you can't/don't want to attend games you should still go for the Country Wings or Supporter Wings package.

Brissie Kid said:
A Manly & Tigers game in Gosford on the Thursday night of Easter. The fans access to get to the game must have never even come up when the NRL scheduled that time & day.

From the NRL all is going well they say
http://www.nrl.com/nrl-breaking-membership-records/tabid/10874/newsid/71342/default.aspx
NRL breaking membership records
Andrew Bryan NRL.com Mon, Mar 25, 2013 - 11:00 AM

Easter thursday is a really tough ask for two SYDNEY teams to be playing in Gosford. It would be far easier for wests and manly fans to get to brookie, rather than competing with the masses going north for easter. I know there's a bus and trains to gosford, but for me it would have been simple to tick off work early, get the ferry to manly, grab the family, have a few beers then on to the game.

Frank said:
I agree that the draw does not help. I renewed anyway.

However, if they ever got rid of the member's cap...........;)

HEAVEN FORBID!!!!!!!

I'm not sure about the draw but people can always get a supporters wings membership (like me) if they can't get to the games.

Club needs our support and some of our $$$$$

I disagree that it is becoming all about TV. It IS all about TV, and it has been that way for quite some time now.

I live on the G.C and my Country wings Membership is awesome. It gets me into either the Brisbane or Gold Coast game and an after game function that the club puts on plus a couple of home games at Brookie for when I come down to visit some relos plus access to finals tickets and cheap merch! There are a lot of types of memberships and if you don't renew the same one you had last year you should consider some of the different packages.

I thought the NRL asks every club before the draw, what is their prefered day & time to play most of their matches? The traditional 2pm or 3pm Sunday match is when Brookvale Oval is at its best & the fans preferred time & day. My wife & two children are not Rugby League fans but they love sitting on the hill with their Manly jerseys on a Sunday afternoon cheering for the Sea Eagles. Now multiply that by so many more families in similar situations. It is a tradition & part of the Manly Warringah Sea Eagles culture. 2013 will be mostly listening to the 1st half on the car radio & in time to watch the 2nd half on Fox or ch 9 at home while the kids would rather watch Dora the Explorer.

The nrl ask all clubs for their preferences and then proceeds to do the total opposite, just to show who's boss around here.

Shoe1 said:
The nrl ask all clubs for their preferences and then proceeds to do the total opposite, just to show who's boss around here.

More likely, the NRL asks all clubs for their preferences, they then make the draw to suit, then show it to Ch9 who then tell them that whilst they are paying the big dollars for the game, the NRL is to do the draw however Ch9 want it

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8