2014 "All state clubs will be linked to NRL clubs". Manly?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Brissie Kid

Bencher
Can't quite follow what this means.

All state clubs will be linked to NRL clubs, who will have the option of primary and secondary affiliations. One of the other key recommendations was the staging of a play-off between the winners of the NSW and Queensland cup competitions on grand-final day.
''There are 25 other teams now that are going to be part of the NRL system.

The NRL are saying the 25 NSW and QLD cup teams won't be any of the 16 NRL clubs.

So must Manly link with a NSW Cup team to place excess Manly NRL players too old for NYC? Which NSW Cup club then?

NRL beefs up second tier with $10.8m injection

November 24, 2013

A $10.8 million funding injection by the NRL into the game's second tier will result in the return of two curtain-raisers before NRL matches and confirmation of a ''Super Bowl'' play-off on grand-final day between the NSW Cup and Queensland Cup winners.

The landmark review into rugby league's pathways has been signed off by the ARL Commission, and only needs the expected rubber-stamping by the QRL and NRL clubs before being in place for next year.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/nrl-beefs-up-second-tier-with-108m-injection-20131123-2y2j5.html#ixzz2lSp43131

"That group will also oversee the scheduling of matches, with the prospect of NRL, NSW or Queensland Cup and Holden Cup matches on the same day at the same ground, changing match-day experiences. However, that may not be possible at Allianz Stadium and ANZ Stadium, due to the added costs involved, and other grounds due to logistics."

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/nrl-beefs-up-second-tier-with-108m-injection-20131123-2y2j5.html#ixzz2lTO0uYHB

So the NRL is pushing for Sydney clubs to abandon their home grounds and play out of Allianz and ANZ but they cannot afford to play the state cup as early matches at these grounds.

I think I get it now.

A "primary affiliation" is when a NRL club puts their own team in the NSW Cup & a "secondary affiliation" is when the NRL club instead farms their surplus players off to a NSW Cup team like Souths did with Norths, or Roosters to Jets.

So they left the problem - NRL Players dropped to Cup sides see it as demeaning, a la George Rose last year :dodgy:

Reserve Grade would have meant that your were still part of the NRL Conference. It was a stepping stone to First Grade and was treated as such by the Players in the past.

This State Cup is good for entertaining the Regional/Country Folk, but I believe that the Players relegated to it will rarely get back into their NRL side - unless they were in it due to rehab from long term injury:cool:

I guess for recruitment purposes, Manly should put in a secondary affiliation Team in NZ and get the Cousins bleeding Maroon and White early:idea:

The monies are also suspect - $3.6m spread over 25 Clubs barely pays for bandages :-/

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4