2014 Front Row Concerns

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

MK Eagle

Bencher
This area is our biggest concern for 2014.
The part that gives me massive hope is
*Jake Trobovic who will be the front rower we have been crying out for & looking for in recent times. This kid will be a premier foward sooner than most think, the most excited I have been about a junior Seaeagle foward since Choc & Beaver. Will dominate at the highest level,
*Kite- will be missed, but I really think his best is behind him in recent times.
*Rose....I am a fan but with the new breed of front rowers can see why he has been let go, to accept a bigger contract at storm. I wish him well.
*Kingy - Been out for a while & I am not as convinced as some on what he can offer the team, though his experience with the young bucks is good.
*Lawrence - This bloke is our premier front rower now imo & his athletic up tempo game play, suits where Tooves is taking us.
*Fa'aso - This bloke is our key interchange foward providing grunt & mongrel, so sorely missed in the GF. Great bloke to have off the bench.
*Hasson - I think this is a player with far more to offer than we have yet seen in regards to offloads & is still a pup, 1 to watch in the next 2 years.
*Sao - The ideal NZ style front rower - tough with a great carry plus can unload with good versatility for a big bloke. Still developing with unlimited potential imo.
*Starling, Andrews, Lui ??, Gower are good depth players but not going to be star players , 1 or 2 will rise to keep pressure on for a top grade spot & do the tradesman like work all good teams need.

May have missed someone, is everyone content with our future front row stocks or is it a concern??

I'm surprised Lawrence didn't make the Australian World Cup team. He has been the outstanding Australian front rower imo.
I'm not sure Gower will be with us next season. I think he offers a lot more than he was allowed to show; three minutes in the GF when the game was over... rather insulting to him, and a waste of a bench spot.

Manly has turned good depth players into very good players. Forwards like Rose , Hall, and Bryant .Even Lawrence became a better player . I have confidence in our proven Successful winning Culture

I really think Jake Trbojevic could turn into something real special. He has been a premier player in his age group since the age of 15 (making all the NSW and the Australian RL teams). The Bulldogs went after him (Crusher knows what sort of player he will be of the future!). He has one more year to run on his current Manly contract, so the sooner we get him on a longer deal the better - also being a local junior.

He has his own Wiki page and will turn 20 in February, 2014.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jake_Trbojevic

I know they want to hold him back a bit, but it will be interesting when they put him in the 17 run on squad on a regular basis, as once he gets in he will be a 1st grader for life. I think that could happen after 1/3 or 1/2 way into the 2014 season.

They really would like to get him signed before he gets any more publicity (!!) and he will go on and play State of Origin by the time he is 21 or 22 of age.

MK Eagle said:

is everyone content with our future front row stocks or is it a concern??

Cant tell if your letting us know you think its a concern or asking us if we think its a concern.

Mk the area of concern is the amount of unknown and potential

Hopefully players live up to the wraps put on them

Jatz Crackers said:
MK Eagle said:

is everyone content with our future front row stocks or is it a concern??

Cant tell if your letting us know you think its a concern or asking us if we think its a concern.

Looking ahead Jatz theres a few players I would consider front row workers in the Bryant mould, we have signed for 2014....
No big name front rowers & with Kite/Rose gone it could be regarded a problem area for us as there is plenty of unknown here, as Isz pointed out..
My opinion as a Massive fan of Trobovic, is we will actually be stronger in this area than we were in 2013. To go a step further on this point, I think he will become the premier frontrower in the NRL in the next few seasons.
Every other position is covered imo, so keen to hear fellow Silvertails opinions on this.
Personally I think we are in good hands for 2014 in the front row, though pre season there will be lots of the experts saying we are lacking in this area.

I dont think its a big issue but will will lose experiance in that position . My suggestion would be to move Glen Stewert to prop IMO its a natural progression he has an offload and has the experiance grit and fire and work rate to led from the front and be the corner stone of the pack.

King
Lawerence
Richie
Starling
Jake T - who was also named in the Junior kangaroos yesterday
Sao
Lui

I think we will be ok.

Jake T. is a priority signing in my opinion. I would be offering him 3 years with clauses etc written in for representative football etc.

2014 will be a breakthrough season for him. He really impressed against Penrith in round 26.

CAMBO said:
Jake T - who was also named in the Junior kangaroos yesterday

http://www.nrl.com/junior-kangaroos-team-named/tabid/10874/newsid/75007/default.aspx

Noticed the Juniors Kangaroos coach is Kelly Egan! I'm sure he will harp on/or lobby to Jake T joining the Bulldogs. Mona Vale to Narrabeen is a lot better than Mona Vale to Belmore ..! 100/1 + odds on occurring !

Not sure Kingy's body is up to another season. Lui has been earmarked for our top 17 next season so he will be our Kite replacement. Big shoes to fill

Hoping that Sao steps up next season and takes over Rose's role off the bench

MK Eagle said:

May have missed someone, is everyone content with our future front row stocks or is it a concern??

No concerns here. Good analysis of our props, MK. There should have been more concerns for 2013. Always thought that 2013 was a settling period for the team with the newbies and Toovey getting a chance to do his thing. Plenty of options coming in for 2014, can't wait. Not saying Manly will win the comp in 2014 (I am really) but I feel they will be a better team.
I look back and see that the 2013 team was better than the 2012 team. Just need a couple of big boppers on the bench.

Front row would have been a concern in 2014 if our props were still King, Kite, Joe, and Rose. All top players, but generational change meant tough decisions were needed.

Those decisions were made, some tears were shed, and now it's full steam ahead. Imagine how excited the new young crop will be at the chance to be part of this Manly team.

SeaEagleRock8 said:
Front row would have been a concern in 2014 if our props were still King, Kite, Joe, and Rose. All top players, but generational change meant tough decisions were needed.

Those decisions were made, some tears were shed, and now it's full steam ahead. Imagine how excited the new young crop will be at the chance to be part of this Manly team.

Agreed. I think our front row will be much improved next year with some new blood injected into the rotation. As long as Kingy is there to provide the veteran leadership we will be sweet! We really lacked another power prop along with Richie this season.

The funny thing is that the media will next year, prior to the season, will be talking about our aging backline and the problems it has potentially, plus the loss of experienced forwards. NFI.

Actually, after their comments in the last two weeks, I wouldn't be surprised if Kent and co suggested we are grand final specials for next year, so much has the love been in their columns.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7