2014 Last Fan Standing Wrap Up

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Chip and Chase

True Supporter
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Tipping Member
For those of you not paying particular attention our 2014 Last Fan Standing competition has been decided this weekend. Congratulations to @Andrew.. who was the only tipper to put his faith in the Dragons, the rest of us opting for Manly and Easts. Resisting the temptation of massive outsiders Cronulla proved a masterstroke, as for a second week in a row the Sharks perfomed second half miracles to destroy the LFS field.

We had over 80 entrants this year and I'd like to thank every single one of you for participating and supporting the site. Unfortunately the comp went pretty quick this year, mainly due to pathetic Bronco and Rooster efforts, but hopefully it was still enjoyable. I'm sure we'll be back again next year, and look forward to seeing you all here again.

A reminder to spare a thought for our comp patron Earnie the Eagle and his family at this time. You can visit the newly minted Silvertails memorial page to read a bit more about Earnie and some of our other departed fans. Earnie is keeping a close eye on the boys this year it seems, and I'm sure he'll be keen to see that Manly are the last team standing in Season 2014.

Silvertails Memorial Page

Andrew has earned himself a great Pepsi retro jumper signed by current coach and Clive Churchill medallist Geoff Toovey. Andrew has admitted that this will take pride of place in his personal Manly "pool room".

[attachment=813]

We also must say a huge thanks to Chairman Bob ( @vidmar ) and the MWRLFC for their support of the LFS comp this year. All fans should seriously consider signing up as members of the Football Club to show their support across the full breadth of this great club of ours. The Football Club are the true voice of the fans and are doing great things to honour the history of the mighty Sea Eagles. Take 5 minutes to visit their website and learn what they are about and what you can do to support their efforts

MWRLFC Website

Once again thanks to all tippers for their support of the site and I hope that the tipping comps have given you some enjoyment this year. We still have a lucky tipper draw to run later in the season so stay tuned for that one.

Attachments

• ToovesJumper.jpg
    ToovesJumper.jpg
    152.9 KB · Views: 0
Certainly a somewhat brief competition, but good while it lasted!

As I said, not all that complimentary on our tipping skills...lol.

Again though, big congratz to @Andrew..

And thanks to all for the comp.

Thanks Chip and Chase. First time I've participated and unfortunately was swept out to sea, like so many others, by the Shark Tsunami. Toroughly enjoyed it though so thanks again for organising and big congrats to @Andrew!

I hope this continues in years to come, definitely adds another element of interest to the matches.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6