2014 LFS Comp is OPEN

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Chip and Chase

True Supporter
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Tipping Member
"Earnie The Eagle" Last Fan Standing Comp

This is information for all our members that have registered and paid to participate in the Silvertails tipping competition. We will shortly be kicking off the second part of our tipping competition, which is the Last Fan Standing competition

The competition is named in honour of Earnie The Eagle. Earnie was a wonderful Silvertails member that sadly passed last year, and some generous benefactors have helped sponsor our prize for this competition as a tribute to him. (you can read a bit more about Earnie here "Earnie Thread" )

First things first, what's the booty ?

We have a great prize on offer for the Last Fan Standing, a retro 1996 Pepsi Jersey signed by the one and only Geoff Toovey. 1996 was a premiership year for the mighty Sea Eagles and Tooves was Clive Churchill medallist in the Grand Final against the Dragons that year. Tooves is a premiership winning Captain and club icon, and soon to be a premiership winning coach as well :) . Few tougher men have played for the Maroon and White.

Who's eligible to play ??

All those Silvertails members who joined the Jan Davis tipping competition AND paid their entry fee are eligible to participate in the Last Fan Standing comp. You will know that you are eligible if you have the gold Silvertails logo next to your user name. You will also see your name listed in the LFS sticky thread at the top of the forum.

We are still accepting entries and payments for the tipping comp, so if you haven't joined the main tipping comp yet but want to have a crack at the Last Fan Standing then sign up and pay. You'll also go into the mix for the lucky tipper prize draw at the end of the season.

How do you win it ?

Well as the name suggests you just have to be the Last Fan Standing and outlast every other tipper. Basic rules are as follows

* Pick one team from the list of eligible teams each round, that you think will win. If that team wins you stay standing, if they lose you are out.
* You cannot pick the same team in consecutive rounds.
* As the competition progresses we reserve the right to limit the choice of games even further
* We also may need to apply further restrictions in order to determine an outright winner. This will depend on how quickly the elimination progresses.

We keep going until we have one tipper left.

Basic Info / Rules

The list of teams you can choose from each week are listed in a Poll in the 2014 LFS Sticky thread at the top of the forum. Basically you "vote" for ONE team you think will win that round. The poll is renewed each week and you keep on voting/picking until you are eliminated

* There is no default setting for failing to enter a tip, i.e. if you don't pick a team you are automatically eliminated.
* The competition/poll will be locked on Friday evening prior to kick off in the first game that weekend. Once the competition is locked you cannot enter a choice and thus you will be eliminated.
* We will not be sending out reminders, it is your responsibility to ensure you enter your tips, so that means making sure you have access to a computer and an internet connection. No correspondence will be entered into with regards to "technical issues".
* You cannot make tips in advance, only the current week of the competition will be available to enter at any given time. Refer to rule above
* The poll system is set up such that once you enter your choice you CANNOT change it. Therefore choose wisely as you cannot have a last minute change of heart.
* I am not an expert on accessing this site from mobile devices therefore I cannot guarantee the performance of the poll system through that medium. It is your responsibility to ensure you lodge your tip correctly and in a timely fashion

Hopefully the bulk of members participated last year and know the drill by now.

Anyway this thread is to prepare tippers and to give you the opportunity to ask any questions, and also to give everyone fair warning that the comp will be commencing shortly. We are aiming to kick off in Round 13 at this stage. So fire away if you have any queries.

I will enter in the Poll details for the Round 13 teams in the next day or two and then open the Poll for voting. That should give everyone ample time to get their first pick in. Last year we had quite a few tippers that didn't even front up to week one, which obviously gives you no chance of winning. Please get involved, it's pretty easy and you never know, you could outlast everyone.

Lastly a BIG thank you to the Football Club for getting behind this comp and helping out with prizes. Much appreciated. Every Manly fan should seriously consider becoming a member of the Football Club. It is the one avenue through which we, as fans, can have a real say in the future of the Sea Eagles. http://manlyfootballclub.com.au/

Good stuff C&C! I hope to get past round 1 this year lol :)

I suspect I will last a week on current form

I fear my tactic from last year of tipping whoever is playing parra won't be as successful this year. perhaps I need to substitute Sharks for Eels

I think the best recipe for success for each of you, will be to find out what I am tipping and go the opposite

manlyfan76 said:
So how much does it cost to enter?

its a free bonus if you are already a signed and paid member of the tipping comp.

If you aren't then signup to the tipping comp and pay your entry fee and you will be in

Dan said:
manlyfan76 said:

its a free bonus if you are already a signed and paid member of the tipping comp.

If you aren't then signup to the tipping comp and pay your entry fee and you will be in

So an answer in $AUD or Bitcoins would suffice.
Or is guessing part of the competition?

BUMP

Have had a few entries already for next weeks kick off of the LFS comp.

Don't forget to get a choice in people. There will be no correspondence entered into for failing to lodge a pick. If you don't vote in the poll then you are automatically eliminated.

6 days and counting.

Cool.

Just curious @Chip and Chase

Given the outrageously off-chance I win, do you know what size the jersey is mate?

Certainly a fair bit bigger than one that'd fit Tooves, I hope!

manlyfan76 said:

@manlyfan76 and any others who are interested, you can still sign up to the tipping comp and pay the $25 entry fee which will get you a start in the LFS comp as well as the lucky tipper prize at end of season. Follow the links to the tipping comp at teh top of the page or click here

Tipping Comp Registration

If anyone does sign up late then please PM me so I can add you to the list for the LFS

globaleagle said:
There doesn't seem to be any easy games in round 13.....let's start it in round 14!!!!!!

hooray!

Start it in round 20-ish global...

We'll have heaps of winners and we can arrange our own fun fan day at Brookie, where all the winners can fight it out for the jersey somehow...(egg n spoon races, tug-o-war, dodgeball etc).

Combine it with the Nudie Run (for the ladies and any lads-inclined) and do it on Grand Final Day ; coz clearly Manly won't be there, according to the gossip around here now.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6