2015 Premiers - Why we can win

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Beaver boy

Reserve Grader
Last year we went we played most year without Gift, almost beat scum dogs without Ballin, Choc, Buhrer. DCE was never the same after Kasiano's dog act.
I said from the start that the only thing that can beat us is ourselves. In the end the bickering and injuries were too much.
Harmony - Lets hope there is plenty of love.
If Mateo plays to 80 % of ability we'll prove unstoppable.
So for the rest of them here's how they will fare.

Cowboys - lack strike centres, They cannot win in Sydney. Full stop.
Souths - Cant win without Burgess, Teo will be a loss too.
Panthers - Are two state of origin players short of a p'ship.
Dogs - Our 2nd biggest threat they have been bridesmaids for 2 of last 3 years. Morris is just a better version of Perrett. They should've bought a fullback that can set up tries as well.
Roosters - outpr biggest threat, but no SBW. Mini will be a bigger loss than everyone thinks. Tuivasa Sheck will take another year.
Storm - Slip sliding away. Cronk/Slater not the same players.
Broncos - bennett factor a huge plus, but engine room lacking punch.
Warriors - Need Cameron Smith/Greg Bird/Foran type players to take meatheads to a new level.
Sharks - emotion will take them to the 8 and Barba will be a revelation, but no chance of winning GF.

I see absolutely no reason why we can't be there or thereabouts come end of Sept, early Oct. We've had some young players getting a good grounding this year, JSL, Starling, Lui, Hodges, who will only get better for the experience.

I also think the key will be (hopefully) Snake's mind back on the job 100%. He just wasn't there week in and week out last year, which was completely understandable.

The shedding of Choc will hopefully allow the team to refocus, plus the shedding of him, Gift and Kingy has shown the young forward that this is now their era. It's time for them to stand up, time for Lawrence, Buhrer etc to show their real worth. Time for Buhrer to push for that origin spot (and same with BJ).

The clock is now also starting to tick on Snake, Killer and Matai. All 3 are hitting the twilights of their career, It really is a case for them now of pushing for their 3rd premiership and catapult themselves to the stuff of legends.

Beaver boy said:
Morris is just a better version of Perrett.

Morris is about 8 levels of class above Perrett. As much as it pains me to say it, they'd be my pick as favourites to start the year.

Not that that is any guarantee of ultimate success.

But what about Parra buying a coach and getting Choc.

They may get into the 8 this year.

Not that I care buy the way.

Daddycool08 said:
But what about Parra buying a coach and getting Choc.

They may get into the 8 this year.

Not that I care buy the way.

re Parra

Choc < Hayne

We're in with a really good shot.

We were walking away with it last year with 6 weeks to go and then we imploded.

This year we have taken out the disruption, and IMO have improved in the front row, where we've been lacking for a while, and I would say improved as a squad in general.

Only thing that worries me is DCE and Foz. If they haven't signed and their heads are elsewhere, we might not even get going.

Every other challenger has weakened for the reasons given above - aside from dogs who have improved with morris (although will he become a fullback of the calibre required to win a prem?) and I see them as our challengers. Dogs v Manly final.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6