2015 - Return of the GB Lions rumour

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

eagles2win

Bencher
Apart from the other rumours coming out about certain players and what they've done off field - the biggest rumour doing the rounds is that the Lions will be returning to tour.

Done right ie how Rugby Union does it could be a great event -
Persist with the 4 Nations as is but at the end of five years after the World Cup, the Lions tour.

A team could have the likes of - A lot of the Leeds guys most are still fairly young, the Tomki, the Burgi, Widdop, Reed, Mossip from England.
From Wales - Dudson, Flower, Lloyd
From Scotland - Brough and the Henderson's

Unlike their Rugby Union counterparts Ireland in the past pulled out of it.
But dare say they might rejoin so Blanch, McClorim and Grix might also get a run.

Forgive me for sounding negative, but whats the point? Even a combined Lions team would get towelled up by 30 against the Kangaroos. In every game of the series.

The rugby union Lions tour is an amazing event because the team is very strong, as well as being historic. League, not so much.

I just dont see the point of reintroducing games against a team that is ****house

The RU Lions aren't that successful really but do have alot of history behind them but you can say that about the RL Lions also who have tour Oz alot more often in the past than the RU team but not in the last 20 years in the old tour format, not counting single games.

International RU is just appreciated and focused on alot more by it's fans than international RL by it's fans. For the RU people how their national team goes is alot more important than their Super Rugby team fairs but comparing that to RL the club game is where the fans care the most about and is most competitive. May not have been that way back in the 60's when international RL game was alot more competitive but it is now. Just because the Kiwis are World Champions doesn't mean their is a competitive RL international scene out their, the Kiwis have won 5 out of 28 games in the last 10 years with 2 draws. That's a 75 % winning percent to the Kangaroos.

I will always remember we the Sea Eagles played the 'Lions' at Brookie mid week in the 80s or 90s - what a great night. Plenty of the travelling British supporters came along to make it a great night, then pumped a stack of money into the Leagues Club after the game

I'd love to see them do this

GB test - PNG
GB vs Qld Country - Townsville
GB vs Aus (Ashes) - Brisbane
GB vs NSW Country - Newcastle
GB vs Aus - SCG
GB vs Allied States - Perth
GB vs Aus - Melbourne

GB vs Samoa
GB vs NZ
GB vs Tonga
GB vs NZ
GB vs PIA (Pacific Island Allstars)
GB vs NZ

Tried squeezing in a City game in there

Lord Eagleton said:
Forgive me for sounding negative, but whats the point? Even a combined Lions team would get towelled up by 30 against the Kangaroos. In every game of the series.

The rugby union Lions tour is an amazing event because the team is very strong, as well as being historic. League, not so much.

I just dont see the point of reintroducing games against a team that is ****house

The point will be bringing more money in for the island nations something the ARLC has yet to do anything about - for those that say so what why is it Australia problem to help them the RLF help a lot of the European nations and also Canada and still manage to run three comps.
The lions no matter what code will put bums on seats.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4