2016 BUHRER/KOROSAIO

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

king2213

Reserve Grader
Well guys I think we have recruited well !

Storm defensive coach ( storms defense is pretty good ) / trent barret/ john cartwright

NATE MYLES + LUSSICK

LEWIS BROWN in my opinion will take Buhrer's position

KOROSAIO to share hooking role with Buhrer 40 min halfs each

Good shot at wining the comp :)

bring on 2016

:)

Parcell will feature ahead of Buhrer at hooker. Highly rated by the Broncos I doubt we'd be paying him peanuts. Signed for 3 years too.

I think it is likely to take half of next season to blood new combinations especially our left side attack which Foran orchestrated. I see Manly mid table again and I think that we will do much better in the 2nd half of the season and 2017 we will fly when some of our juniors have that little bit more experience.

Cherry will make us a better side, he has won man of the match every time Kieran has been out this year which I think is massive. I see top 8 next year hopefully and 2017 top 4 again. I hope Pearsell gets a go next year during origin and injuries because the kid is a stand out! Api will play 50-60 mins while Parcell will come on 10 mins before halftime and 10 mins before fulltime to blow games wide open. Hopefully cherry plays both sides next year same with snake!

Well Barrett will want to bring his magic wand and flack jacket with him,because if he doesnt get results from the get go,he will get ripped to shreds by all and sundry.I hope he goes well,good luck Trent,you will need it

Im of the opinion we will do about the same as this year in 2016, all dependant on how the teams above us perform and injury ( across all teams).

I'm neither pessimistic nor optimistic , rather realistic.

We are in a rebuild situation.

It's going to take some time, could well be 3-5 years so we will need some patience.

Will be interesting with the hooking role. Api K and Pacell will be a high energy combination, There is thought though that Api could yet play 5/8 and Parcell to hooker with Brown giving him a small spell each half. I think Parcell will prove to be an excellent buy.

Myles, if he can stay injury free will give us that bit of mongrel we are lacking.

Lussick Iam still unconvinced about. Unrealized potential still at the moment. I dont have him in the top 17 unless he pulls out an awesome pre-season. Gets rid of those stupid penalties and cuts back his mistake rate.

A fresh Gutherson and Tom T on the wings(or Gutho to centre if Killer is 5/8) will give us some much needed speed out wide.

I think we will make the 8 but not really threaten for the title. With some salary cap freed up next year (Killers last year, Mateo, Lawrence etc off contract) it will give us some space to chase a couple of forwards we badly need. Klemmer, M Tapau, Bukuya, Papalii, J Jackson and Burgess Bros for mine would top the hit list.

I am confident we will be genuine contenders in 2017.

Will be interesting with the hooking role. Api K and Pacell will be a high energy combination, There is thought though that Api could yet play 5/8 and Parcell to hooker with Brown giving him a small spell each half. I think Parcell will prove to be an excellent buy.

Myles, if he can stay injury free will give us that bit of mongrel we are lacking.

Lussick Iam still unconvinced about. Unrealized potential still at the moment. I dont have him in the top 17 unless he pulls out an awesome pre-season. Gets rid of those stupid penalties and cuts back his mistake rate.

A fresh Gutherson and Tom T on the wings(or Gutho to centre if Killer is 5/8) will give us some much needed speed out wide.

I think we will make the 8 but not really threaten for the title. With some salary cap freed up next year (Killers last year, Mateo, Lawrence etc off contract) it will give us some space to chase a couple of forwards we badly need. Klemmer, M Tapau, Bukuya, Papalii, J Jackson and Burgess Bros for mine would top the hit list.

I am confident we will be genuine contenders in 2017.

Or do we sign 1 forward and a 5/8?

Barrett will have new combinations, new tactics and totally new game plans. Every other team will be playing a completely different Manly side. One they haven't encountered and that will work heavily in our favor. If the players execute properly and we don't get decimated by injuries then there's no reason we won't be back in the 8. Hell look how sht we've been this year and we're 1 win out of it.

although they got beat today,lets not forget McGregor is a rookie Coach,yes he got a bit of experience when he took over from Price last year,and he could still have his team in the 8 after next week,while Barrett has had the country side for a couple of years and the riff 20s,so we have to give him a chance to prove himself.I am sure he wont be getting too much sleep from now till the time he takes over officially,because he will know he has to hit the ground running,Bozo will be right behind him letting him know what a successful club he has,and how much success means everything to the Club,so the pressure will be on for sure

Or do we sign 1 forward and a 5/8?

Very possible. We have already been rumoured to be interested in MBye and I heard that we may be interested in Wighton for 5/8 who comes off contract next year. (Canberra supporter friend mentioned it, dont know if anyone else has heard anything)

Luke Keary, Jack Bird and Jackson Hastings also off contract.

Wish I shared your optimism.

Roster looks worse than this years to my eyes.

Know I've done this before, but I respectfully disagree mate. Look at the players listed after the 17 for depth:

01. Brett Stewart
02. Jorge Taufua
03. Steve Matai
04. Peta Hiku
05. Tom Trbojevic
06. Jamie Lyon
07. Daly Cherry-Evans
08. Nate Myles
09. Api Koroisou
10. Jake Trbojevic
11. Feleti Meteo
12. Tom Symonds
13. Jamie Buhrer

14. Lewis Brown
15. Darcy Lussick
16. Brenton Lawrence
17. Josh Starling

18. Clinton Gutherson
19. Luke Burgess
20. Jesse Sene-Lefeo
21. Blake Leary
22. Tim Moltzen
23. Matt Parcell
24. Matt Ballin
25. Nathan Green

26. Tom Wright

27. Addison Demetriou
28. Liam Knight

29. Willie Mason (hopefully)
30. Brayden Wiliame

Then some other current Premier League smokies. Listed there, is a whole lot of quality that will be forced to play Premier League.

Remember, Gutherson, Buhrer & Lawrence are almost like new players as well as all the others.

Know I've done this before, but I respectfully disagree mate. Look at the players listed after the 17 for depth:

01. Brett Stewart
02. Jorge Taufua
03. Steve Matai
04. Peta Hiku
05. Tom Trbojevic
06. Jamie Lyon
07. Daly Cherry-Evans
08. Nate Myles
09. Api Koroisou
10. Jake Trbojevic
11. Feleti Meteo
12. Tom Symonds
13. Jamie Buhrer

14. Lewis Brown
15. Darcy Lussick
16. Brenton Lawrence
17. Josh Starling

18. Clinton Gutherson
19. Luke Burgess
20. Jesse Sene-Lefeo
21. Blake Leary
22. Tim Moltzen
23. Matt Parcell
24. Matt Ballin
25. Nathan Green

26. Tom Wright

27. Addison Demetriou
28. Liam Knight

29. Willie Mason (hopefully)
30. Brayden Wiliame

Then some other current Premier League smokies. Listed there, is a whole lot of quality that will be forced to play Premier League.

Remember, Gutherson, Buhrer & Lawrence are almost like new players as well as all the others.
That bench is really impressive and the team in general has heaps of potential. If Barrett brings fresh ideas and gets the team to execute accordingly, we're in for an exciting year. You always hope a coach as young as Barrett will bring great new ideas and give heaps of youngsters a go. Something Toovey definitely lacked. Heres hoping.

Very possible. We have already been rumoured to be interested in MBye and I heard that we may be interested in Wighton for 5/8 who comes off contract next year. (Canberra supporter friend mentioned it, dont know if anyone else has heard anything)

Luke Keary, Jack Bird and Jackson Hastings also off contract.

Keary would be an option with souths looking like going into a rebuilding phase and most players want instant success. Then there is Sam Williams who I think would jump at another chance in first grade. Blake green if storm pick up mbye. Mbye who I think is a long shot. Drew Hutchison is another option I would recommend. As for forwards look me in for tom/George burgess or Klemmer.

If we are to be title shot contenders, we need a Burgees/Broomwich/Tamou type forward and another middle forward such as a jackson/cordner even a prichard type who is big and and intimidating but can pass or offload.

Look at the pack for next year - besides jake and mateo (when he is on), the rest don't even come close to the best sides forwards.

We'll make the 8 cause they'll be no favouritism by barrett with the senior players.
Instead he will have his new favourites like Brown & Api. If they are playing well it will be ok but if not well I'm sure some on here will be suggesting that they have the "goat photos".

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7