2016 Draw (From Hell)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

robbiea

First Grader
Tipping Member
Hopefully our draw this year will be better.
A couple of weeks ago I sent a email to the Nrl quizzing them on how they decide the draw.
Here are a couple of the replies I got.
Troubling indeed.

1.The NRL announces the schedule following consultation with the host broadcasters. Of course individual clubs are able to, and do give their preferences for consideration in that process via the NRL. Venue availability is also a consideration.

2.It is worth noting that the NRL will take control of the scheduling of the draw from 2018.

The early part was rough but we had a great finish to the season, I think we left Sydney once in the final ten rounds or something. We need more Friday and Sunday games. Although I'm not sure how much Sunday afternoon games at brookie mean anymore

2017 will be almost identical to 2016, and probably worse considering we are a non event.

Our pleas for Sunday arvo's will fall on deaf ears, but there's one small difference no Monday's next year.

Oh, and in advance news, the Donkeys will be given 22 Friday nights, 1 Thursday night ( to open the season v the Cowboys) and 1 Saturday ( v Cowboys in Townsville).

Mark my words, Chan 9 will squeeze every last dollar out of their last " Donkyfest"

Hopefully our draw this year will be better.
A couple of weeks ago I sent a email to the Nrl quizzing them on how they decide the draw.
Here are a couple of the replies I got.
Troubling indeed.

1.The NRL announces the schedule following consultation with the host broadcasters. Of course individual clubs are able to, and do give their preferences for consideration in that process via the NRL. Venue availability is also a consideration.

2.It is worth noting that the NRL will take control of the scheduling of the draw from 2018.
Wow. Congratulations robbiea, you're the 1st person I've heard to actually get A reply let alone 2...
When 2018 rolls around and the league does it's own draw more likely they'll pander to broadcasters interests anyway.
I have no faith in them.

@globaleagle will vouch for that, he works for the Canadian company that does the draw. Help us out this year willya!

Doin' my best. S'funny, we can do 30 teams over here in the NHL that play 82 games each in the regular season without a bother....but the nrl can't do 16 teams playing 24 times without screwing over a few teams???

Lemme tell ya...it's not the combinations and permutations that are the problem, it's the old boys at the top dictating that Manly get bugger all sunday arvo games and 5 day turn arounds. They'd be shot over here if they tried pulling that stunt.

@globaleagle No wonder the Canadian National pastime is saying sorry ... woot

Sorry you feel that way!

Since 2015 the NRL rigs the draw so that most Sydney clubs play each other twice. This way of the NRL rigging the draw is to maximise Sydney tv ratings, crowds & media.

So for Manly this has so far in 2015 and 2016 meant playing every Sydney based team away and some at home.

But as Manly fans know it is the Sydney clubs & crowds who fire up the most against Manly.

Even at Brookie we all know with Arko now long gone the NRL referees turn up determined to show they won't let the crowd & Manly influence them. So our home games are less of an advantage.

So in combination Manly finds it hard winning against all Sydney clubs.

But in away games against non Sydney clubs Manly does quite well at winning. Which is less valuable now as the NRL draw means we get far less away games against non Sydney clubs.

This all means Manly will drop 3 or 4 wins every year under this new draw system. That's a lot of points to have make up and can be difference between getting in the top 4 or top 8 or not.

But don't expect any sympathy from the NRL or any other Sydney club.

Think I heard last night it was the Sharks first Fri night game of the year. This is the team that was top of table most of the year and won 15 in a row. I know the Gummies prefer Sat night and Sun arvo home games and they got way more of them than us but it Just shows how biased and rigged it all is.

Think I heard last night it was the Sharks first Fri night game of the year. This is the team that was top of table most of the year and won 15 in a row. I know the Gummies prefer Sat night and Sun arvo home games and they got way more of them than us but it Just shows how biased and rigged it all is.

Nothing to do with fairness , nothing to do with what clubs want, nothing to do with fans in mind and ALL to do with Chan 9.

It's absolute bull**** of the very highest degree!

Just read somewhere that we've agreed to play our home game against Brisbane again in Brisbane. If true, I don't care how much the Penns make out of it, it sure as hell puts us partly responsible for any bad 'luck' that comes out of the next draw.

Do you reckon it's a catch 22 for the club though?

Earn $350,000 for taking the game to Suncorp?

Or have the game at Brookie and get an average crowd. Average because so many supporters voting with their feet (lots admittedly on Silvertails) because they don't agree with club decisions?

Can't say I blame them.
In all honesty - The players probably prefer playing in front of a packed crowd rather than a half full Brookie....
If that's the case, then it's a miserable symbol of how far we've sunk. The players used to love playing at Brookie and the prime motivator for a game of footy was to get the win above making $$$.

Think I heard last night it was the Sharks first Fri night game of the year.

They mentioned this on MMM over the weekend and Ray Warren had a whinge about the advance schedule for the first 20 rounds, claiming that made it difficult for broadcasters to know which teams would be successful.

That is total BS! If it were true, the better games would have been on 9 in the last 6 rounds.

Round 26:
Thursday on 9: Broncos v Souths
Friday on 9: Bulldogs v Roosters
Saturday ONLY on Fox: Storm v Sharks playoff for minor premiership)

If these games had to be picked before round 1 they would have picked exactly the same games!

I reckon 9 actually likes having to choose in advance because they can pretend they would have tried to pick the best games.

I think I remember Ricky Stuart complaining bitterly that the Raiders got only one free to air game on TV in the first 20 rounds compared to Brisbane getting one nearly every week. The draw is so biased to a handful of teams.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4