2016 NHL Draft

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

NewwyEagle

I sleep in a racing car
Anybody following?
Quite stoked with my oilers atm, picking up Puljujarvi at 4. Can't believe Columbus passed over him.

I was surprised (like everybody else) with columbus' pick and the number 3 overall.

I wonder if that threw the oilers' plan into chaos seeing that all of a sudden Jesse Puljujarvi was available?

Either way they reacted quickly and took him.

My Canucks had the 5th pick and as expected picked the #5 ranked choice, Olli Juolevi.

Seems to be a lot of nucks fan bagging the choice but I think that trvor Linden and Coach Jim Benning have ****ed up so many things over the last season...that by default we hate all their decisions. Benning is truly terrible!

Day 2 continues today!

Your oilers need to start doing better soon with the benefit of the last 6 or so years of draft picks! But at times your coaches suck as well and seem determine to play all the young lids until they break down.

Maybe Manly should be their brother team!

But with the nucks finishing 28th from 30 last year, I'm not throwing too many stones at the glass house!

Last edited:
Ugh trading Hall for Larsson ruined anything good the oilers did in the draft. I totally get needed a big d man, but a straight swap hasn't helped. I do love the Lucic signing, gives the rest of the forwards good leadership.
You're right about the oilers, so many early and first picks and they're still picking in the top 5. McDavid will change things though, he's a serious talent.
Bit upsetting for your Canucks, missed their window a few years ago, really should've won back in 2011. How'd you rate their draft? Joulevi is a nice pick up.
Been an insane off season so far though, so many big trades. How are you liking it @globaleagle?

Ugh trading Hall for Larsson ruined anything good the oilers did in the draft. I totally get needed a big d man, but a straight swap hasn't helped. I do love the Lucic signing, gives the rest of the forwards good leadership.
You're right about the oilers, so many early and first picks and they're still picking in the top 5. McDavid will change things though, he's a serious talent.
Bit upsetting for your Canucks, missed their window a few years ago, really should've won back in 2011. How'd you rate their draft? Joulevi is a nice pick up.
Been an insane off season so far though, so many big trades. How are you liking it @globaleagle?

I admit I was stunned in 2011 when we lost. I just couldn't believe it! I wasn't part of the following riots though! (I was still in Australia.) It was almost as bad as the 2013 nrl gf when the refs gifted the rorters the game!

Draft day was kinda boring, the trade deadline was only marginally better...but then "free agent frenzy" day came along and the big three trades:

subban - nashville
Hall - gone, and
Stamkos - went nowhere

started an explosion of big big money. I think in fact over 600 million in salaries were signed on that day alone!!! (Owners getting back into it after the nhl made them pull their heads in last year I think!!)

Conner McDavid can (and will) be brilliant! I just hope you oilers stop throwing your first round pics in the nhl all the time!

McDavid already had a busted shoulder thanks to playing in the big league against seasoned men. the idea used to be your first round pick wouldn't play the next year...but the oilers, desperate for success kept starting them until they got injured (though I can understand wanting the success bit!!)

I reckon Lucic will be better with the oilers than the canucks as even though he is a local boy, most of us think he's a toolbag because of the cup finals shenanigans! Can play though!

I liked our 5th draft pick and signing Loui Erikson will hopefully give the sedins a much needed linemate. He has played well with them before.

so far....its been a blast seeing and reading about all the goings on!

(sorry, long post)

:)

this says it better..lol

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sports/hockey/nhl-free-agency-kicks-off-with-a-bang/article30726322/

Last edited:
Young Stars tournament next weekend ,this is always good to see what we have coming up.Will be good to get a look at Juolevi.
Am hoping Subban and Cassels take the next step up..
Also see how Demko is progressing.
Hockey season is almost here fella's & after Manly's season it can't come on fast enough!!

Young Stars tournament next weekend ,this is always good to see what we have coming up.Will be good to get a look at Juolevi.
Am hoping Subban and Cassels take the next step up..
Also see how Demko is progressing.
Hockey season is almost here fella's & after Manly's season it can't come on fast enough!!

Looking forward to it!

Hoping the nucks finish better than ....28th!

sigh, it's been a long couple of sporting years!

Looking forward to it!

Hoping the nucks finish better than ....28th!

sigh, it's been a long couple of sporting years!
Yeah ,I cn remember thinking how sweet it was when Manly and Canucks were both top teams in their leagues.
Those f#### tables have been well and truly turned now.

Tbh -I will be surprised if we don't have a top ten draft pick again next year.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4