2016 Tipping Comp Open

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Chip and Chase

True Supporter
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Tipping Member
The Jan Davis Memorial Silvertails Tipping comp for 2016 is off and running.

Before you can play you need to pay. Still only $25.00 per head, and that gets you in the mix for some great prizes. We will be running the Last Fan Standing comp and hopefully we'll be able to do the lucky tipper draw again as well, one payment gets you entry into all 3 comps. We will provide more detail on the prizes at a later date, but the weekly top tipper prize of a double pass to Brookie has once again been kindly donated by the MWSE team.

So before you can sign up and enter your tips you need to pay. Go to your "User Profile", which is the little "v" symbol next to your username in the top RH corner of the page.

User Profile.JPG

Hover over this and your user profile will drop down. You want to look for and click on the "Account Upgrades" link. This will take you to the page where you can see all the extra upgrades you can purchase.

Acct Upgrade.JPG

You are looking for the "2016 Tipping Competition" upgrade. Click on "Purchase" button and you will be redirected through Paypal to make the payment. You should see a notice such as "Thank you for purchasing this upgrade. When the payment has been approved, your account will be upgraded." Once you have confirmed payment you are OK to start playing.

For those who don't have Paypal accounts then we can arrange other payment methods, just contact Dan or myself and we can sort you out. Just takes a little longer for the process, so don't leave it till the day before season kickoff.

Once your payment has been confirmed you are right to enter the comp. The "Tipping Competition" link is right at the top of the page in the banner, next to the Forums/MVP/Podcasts link, or you can click on the following link

Click here for 2016 Tipping Comp

If you have paid up correctly then you should see a "Join Competition" button next to the 2016 Tipping Comp. Click on that and away you go. You enter/edit your tips through the "manage your tips" link along the top banner on the tipping comp page. We haven't uploaded all the rounds at this stage, but Round 1 should be there ready to rock.

Once you sign up have a play around with it and let us know if there are any bugs or problems / questions.

As a special offer, the first 30 people to sign up will also receive 1 month free Premium Membership to Silvertails. This will enable you to browse freely without those pesky ads distracting your viewing pleasure (you know the ones - Russian Brides and Lonely Housewives). Just the thing to keep you focused for the hectic forum start to the season.

As most of you are probably aware the Tipping Comp is our main source of revenue to keep this site running. You can see that some of last years money has been spent on upgrading the site and Dan is constantly improving hosts and servers and buying Rasberry pies. His maintenance of this site is a thankless task because the rest of us Luddites are absolutely of no use to him on that front, so easing the financial burden is the least we can do to help out. Therefore if you get some enjoyment out of this site and the forum then try and give a little back and help out by signing up to the tipping comp. Not only are you keeping Silvertails alive and kicking, you are also in the running to win some great prizes and have a lot of fun. $25.00 isn't much in this day and age so try and make the effort.

Any questions/problems then feel free to post them here or PM/Convo me.

Quick update due to slight reformatting of the site layout, see below how to get into your profile page

Ok I admit I'm computer stupid but I can't work out how to enter. Never had problems other years.

Guess the old brain is slipping. The v beside username is an envelope right?

Any help?
Yes, @Dan likes to keep us on our toes. Your profile page can now be accessed by hovering over your avatar, user name or little person icon at the top of the forum, it will then drop down as below

profile.JPG

Last edited:
For those that do signup please hold off on entering your tips at the moment whilst I figure out the bonus game code. Its going to take me a few days to get that fixed up

Im no tipper, i get put in a cumpolsery one at work but ill be donating this year to the ST one. If i finish in the top 50% ill be shocked.

Bump....make sure you get involved and help support the site that seems to use up so much of our time...

i'm in.

Im no tipper, i get put in a cumpolsery one at work but ill be donating this year to the ST one. If i finish in the top 50% ill be shocked.
after 5 or 6 rounds last year i chose the teams(except manly) via tossing a coin, after a few more failures i let the wife have a go-
she got better results than me(wasn't much of a challenge).
this year i might have to let the kids pick, or the dog!

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6