2016 Tipping Comp Weekly Winners

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Chip and Chase

True Supporter
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Firstly a MASSIVE thank you to everyone who signed up for this years tipping comp. This year is the biggest subscription we've ever had and it's certainly appreciated. Give yourselves a pat on the back, you are all helping to keep this place alive and kicking and all the other Silvertails users owe you a debt of gratitude. So feel free to post with an appropriate air of superiority because you DO own the place. Hope you have fun with the tipping this season, don't be afraid to get into the banter.

So footy season is finally upon us after what seems like an offseason that was filled with more anticipation than normal. Round 1 is done and dusted and the first shots of the tipping war have been fired. Manly didn't go so well, which probably accounted for the fact that no one managed a full card for Round 1. Now this season it will be difficult for me to build suspense for the announcement of the weekly winner because the weekly results, as well as overall standings, are available on the tipping comp page - just click on "standings" and you can check weekly results and overall standings.

So we had 11 tippers that managed 6 from 8 including the bonus game to lead the way with 7 points for the round. Only one of those tippers correctly predicted the margin of the Titans victory over the Knights. Now that tipper is a well known identity and somewhat of a prodigal son returning after a considerable absence. This tipper went into temporary retirement marooned on 9999 posts, intentionally or not I don't know. We have all been hoping for some wonderful manifesto to mark the famous 5th figure post, but maybe it'll be a simple "thanks for coming" sledge marking his tipping win

So @DSM5 welcome back mate and congratulations on the good start to the tipping comp. You've earned yourself 2 tickets to Brookie so PM/Convo me with your details and the club will be in touch with details on claiming your tickets.

This weeks bonus game is Parra vs Cowboys. Good luck all. Any questions please let me know

thanks @Chip and Chase I shall prepare smug face and wear it accordingly.

Well done @DSM5 Maybe you'll make your 10,000th post. I can attest that no one cares. I made mine a couple of months back and not a ripple was caused. (There was some cyclone in tokyo but who cares...)

thanks @Chip and Chase I shall prepare smug face and wear it accordingly.

Well done @DSM5 Maybe you'll make your 10,000th post. I can attest that no one cares. I made mine a couple of months back and not a ripple was caused. (There was some cyclone in tokyo but who cares...)
We care but we don't pay attention to other people's post counts usually, you should have made a song and dance about it then we could have patted you on the back.
So (belated) congratulations on 10000 posts!

giphy.gif

We care but we don't pay attention to other people's post counts usually, you should have made a song and dance about it then we could have patted you on the back.
So (belated) congratulations on 10000 posts!

snigger snigger....well I wasn't going to top Mark's speech when he made 10k so I let it slide. (plus it's just a number)

I swap them all for a decent tipping series!

edit: I must point out I didn't care about the non ripple....just reckon dsm5 should post away! (unless he's under another username thingie)

Round 2 went mainly to plan, Eels probably the one real upset of the week, which separated the wheat from the chaff. Obviously not a lot of people here were pessimistic about our chances last night either so that meant 6 from 8 was a popular result.

Two tippers got the full round @COMMANDER and @bones , so well done on accumulating the maximum 9 points for the week. @bones just did a little better on predicting the Eels winning margin so he takes the weekly prize double pass to Brookie. Let me know if you want it @bones .

@Stuey Davis Socks managed 7 from 8 this week which sees him take an early overall lead with 15 points.

This weekends bonus game is a flashback to the 80's as the two dominant sides from that era take it each other on in what should be a close fought match. Eels vs Dogs.

Good luck all. By the way, just to clear up a slight confusion, if you don't lodge tips then you get zero (0) points for those games you don't tip. Each game closes 5 minutes before kick off, so if you forget the early games in the round you can still tip the remainder of them when it finally dawns on you that you've forgotten your tips (again)

Congrats @bones.
I know I'll never win this comp due to always tipping Manly but I just can't tip against the maroon and white.
That's not the only reason - I often make bad tips in general.
But I'll win a round this year and get my tickets to Brookie and travel down to watch Manly in peak form, smash an opposition team to bits.

This is starting to get to me, feels like we only just finished the round and suddenly I realise I have to do my tips again or I'll miss out. Tuesday and Wednesday are the only days without games, this is crazy.

Yes please. Having downgraded to a 3 game membership this year, it may come in handy. Thanks mate.
Send me your contact details again mate, I deleted all the PMs from last years winners

Round 3 has been run and won, although I didn't pick too many winners, along with quite a few other tippers it seems. Tough round, and the bonus game didn't go to plan (well not the plan I had in my head where the Eels get pumped)

Top score this week was 5 correct from 8, and I think we only had 4 tippers manage that feat. Two of those tippers had the bonus game correct as well meaning the scored the extra point to bank 6 points for the round. Coincidentally they both ended up with the same margin in the bonus game as well, so for the first time this year we have multiple round winners

Well done @Shaka1eye and @SeaEagleRock8 for their efforts this week. PM me your best email contact and name and I'll pass onto the club to get in touch for your double pass to Brookie.

Not surprisingly this early in the season, both of these tippers have risen to the top of the ladder on the back of their relatively successful week of tipping. @SeaEagleRock8 has a one point lead from @Shaka1eye , @Stuey Davis Socks , @Wombat Legacy and @Racs .

No Thursday night game this week, thank @God (well it is HIS weekend this week so spare the omnipotent one a thought), so a little time to catch a breath in what has been a hectic start to the year. Footy 5 nights a week is too much.

This weeks bonus game is the Grand Final Replay, local derby between the porch sitting, banjo plucking, baccy chewing, slack jawed yokels from up north. All be upstanding for the Queensland national anthem (hum along if you don't know the words)....."Yippee yippee aye aye, yippee yip aye"

Well done guys!

I guess if snake is back, you must have a letter 's' starting your username to win!

Or know what you're doing.

Either way I'm 0 from 2.

thanks again @Chip and Chase

So ...
Let all those who doubted my peerless understanding of the great game of rugby league be advised ... I WON!!!!
I am leading the tipping comp!
And at a last, Justice has been done.
(Until next week, lol)

giphy.gif

Round 4 had some very tight games, so the difference between a good round of tipping and a bad round of tipping was little more than a converted try in half the games.

No one managed a full round, but we had 4 tippers who got 7 from 8 including the bonus game to log a handy 8 points for the week. @eagle66 and @DSM5 went close but missed out due to their expectation that Brisbane would win by more than they did.

That leaves two tippers who couldn't be split on margin to take out this weeks double pass to Brookie. Getting his first mention in depatches this season is @Clint , who along with the eloquently named @Under the Sticks have taken out the Round 4 prize. Well done you pair, PM me with your name and best email contact.

A reminder to previous weeks winners @DSM5 , @SeaEagleRock8 and @Shaka1eye that I haven't heard back from you guys as to whether you wish to claim your double passes. They are transferrable so if you don't want them then we can offer to other tipping comp members.

This weeks bonus game is our match against the Bunnies at Brookie. Will be a tough one without DCE, but we do get some grunt back in Kapow and BJ.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6