2017 signings and resignings

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Brookvale2015

Reserve Grader
Obviously we are fast approaching 2016 and with a new year comes new signings! So I'd like to know your opinion on how we should develop our 2017 team and squad! My 2017 squad is as follows-

1.Stewart
2.Tafua
3.Hiku
4.Matai/Lee*
5.Trbojevic
6.Walker
7.Cherry-Evans(c)
8.Trbojevic
9.Parcell
10.Liu*
11.Knight
12.Leary/Lane*
13.Taupau

14.Brown
15.Lussick
16.Myles
17.Chee Kam*

My squad looks like this but I think we will sign 2 forwards, so for prop I'm thinking one of these guys-
Klemmer-Would be a massive coup but unlikely
Liu-Good prop at roosters and would come cheap plus he is only young
Moa-Getting older could be a problem
Tamou-Pretty sure he will be at Canberra
Second row options-
Papali-Bit of size and mongrel
Cheekam-obviously cheap and rumours he will be back after his year at tigers
Lane-Young and massive!
As for Matai retiring could be a possibility-
Walker-Could shift to centre to allow tom wright at 5/8 spot
Brenko Lee-No positions up for grabs at Canberra could be a great buy

Predicted signings
-Issac Liu 3 year deal
-Chee Kam 4 year deal
-Lane 2 year deal
-Lee* assuming Lyon retires

Resignings
-Tafua 2 year deal
-Knight 3 year deal
-Leary 2 year deal
-Starling 1 year deal

1.Stewart
2.Taufua
3.Hiku
4.Matai
5.Trbojevic
6.Bird (walker hope this deal isn't already done)
7.Cherry-Evans
8.Trbojevic
9.Parcell
10.Tamou
11.Buhrer
12.Gillet
13.Myles

14.Brown
15.Lawrence/Lussick
16.Taupau
17.Knight

Prop:
Klemmer- Think the Tigers will throw massive money at him
Moa- As mentioned getting older
Tamou- The Canberra talk is due to his wife wanting to be near the Australian institute of sport, he doesn't want to go to canberra and Bozo could get him to the NSW institute at Narrabeen as the perfect compromise

Second row:
Lane- very skilful will play for Australia dogs won't let him go especially with Klemmer expectedly heading to the Tigers and T-Rex freeing up big money.
T-Rex- will be pretty cheap, was the best player in the world in 2011 in my opinion. Could be useful and can see Carty getting a lot out of him.
Gillet- Broncos apparently getting T'eo and are a chance to get Inglis, Gillet will be the 5th second rower in Wayne's eyes and so I can see him moving on, especially if Jai Arrow kicks on as expected

Five-eighth:
Walker- please no can't stand this bloke, he has some pace but I really think he is ordinary and a terrible influence to bring to the club. See the better options below!
Jack Bird - wants to play 5/8 won't get it at the Sharks, perfect foil for DCE
Kodi Nikorima - will be stuck behind Hunt and Milford could be ripe for the picking, has looked really good for NZ
Jackson Hastings - With SBW possibly coming back to the roosters could be squeezed out due to salary cap. Nice organiser with a good running game that again would gel with DCE.
Luke Keary- again good organiser would go well with DCE

Predicted signings
- Jack Bird 3 years
- Gillet 3 years
- Tamou 3 years
- T-Rex 1 year

Resignings
-Taufua 2 years
-Knight 3 years
-Buhrer 3 years
-Lawrence 2 years

I love the thought of having T-Rex back.

I'm in the minority but whenever he gets the ball I always expect something. Of course most of the time it hasn't happened (lately at the dogs) but I believe it would if he came back to us.

He never really wanted to leave but had to as the money was just too good at the dogs and we were hamstrung with our cap space then.

I want a hard running backrower who will cause havoc and I believe he will....even more than Taupau.

Thats 2 threads with the year 2017 mentioned,what's doin.
2017 is the go.

You don't recruit for the next year. You recruit for the following year, and then the player pressures his club for an early release. The club then looks backward if it tries to hold onto a player who is already psychologically out of there.

What about 2020. Nobody seems to be talking about 2020. Seems to me if you have a good vision, 2020 is the go.:p:party::giggle:

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4