1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2nd Spot

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by Kiwi Eagle, Aug 9, 2013.

1. Kiwi Eagle

Kiwi Eagle Moderator Staff Member 2017 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,441 /31
    Is it on ? Souths have looked a lock all year for a top 2 but us and Melbourne could have them under the hammer

Provided we win this weekend, that will leave Souths on 34 with us and Storm on 31

We beat them next week and suddenly we are 1 point behind them with 3 games to play, and their run in is Dogs, Tigers and Roosters, a couple of tough ones there

I'd say it is probably just out of reach, I can't see us going into the finals on 10 straight wins which is probably what we would need to do to pinch that spot. If we did manage it and the Storm came with us Roosters v Souths and Manly v Melbourne would be a hell of a 1st week of the finals !

2. Eagles2nv

Eagles2nv Sea you in the finals 2017 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +1,639 /41
    It is a reach.. but we can dream. (as long as we carry that winning form right through to the trophy.)

3. ManlyArmy

ManlyArmy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +943 /23
    As long as Melbourne don't finish 2nd and we finish 3rd having to play down there in the first week, I'm happy.

4. Dan

Dan Administrator Staff Member Administrator 2017 Tipping Competitor 2016 Tipping Competitor

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
    Ratings:
    +6,346 /93
    **** souths and their losing ruined ny multi on leg one ass hats

• Like Like x 1
    • mozgrame

mozgrame Well-Known Member

Ratings:
      +4,782 /47
      Ditto! LOL. I'm preeettty pissed right now...but doing better than Dan! Hahaha!:)

• Like Like x 1
      • Kiwi Eagle

Ratings:
        +2,441 /31
        2/2 here lads ;)

No value in the league tonight though so my money went towards Trott in the cricket

• Chip and Chase

Chip and Chase True Supporter Staff Member Administrator Premium Member 2017 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
        +6,848 /51
        I suspect you would have got decent odds on that multi if you had souths in it. They were always going to struggle tonight.

• Dan

Dan Administrator Staff Member Administrator 2017 Tipping Competitor 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
        +6,346 /93
        $3.80 that was worth a punt. Multi was paying $192. From here on in souths will be known as "The Ass Hats"

• Garts

Garts Well-Known Member

Ratings:
        +726 /21
        Souths were always going to lose tonight. Might as well have thrown your cash in the bin with that bet.

• Dan

Ratings:
        +6,346 /93
        ... $2 ill live...somehow

• Clint

Clint . Premium Member 2017 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
        +1,788 /15
        Well, may I be the first to say that I hope your bet fails miserably................

He's looking solid though. :mad:
        [hr]
        ok - now that Trott is out for 49, I retract my earlier comment and hope that you cash in KE... kaching $$$$$$$$$$$$

• HappilyManly

HappilyManly MWTS Premium Member 2017 Tipping Competitor

Freshwater
        Ratings:
        +13,383 /291
        Manly just have to win the games that they are playing in :idea:

Then the NRL ladder will reflect their true abilty :angel:

• globaleagle

globaleagle Le ver vert va vers le verre vert! Premium Member 2017 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
        +9,334 /72
        Manly for minor premiers!

• KOMORI

KOMORI Born and bred an Eagle

Brisbane
        Ratings:
        +3,500 /60
        You high rolling risk taker you!! :)

• SeaEagleRock8

SeaEagleRock8 Sea Eagle Lach Staff Member Premium Member 2017 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
        +7,924 /149
        I doubt our team would even be psyched out by having to go to Melbourne this year. We were unlucky not to beat them there last time and from memory we didn't even have Snake.

Also, I could be wrong but I am wondering if Slater's best is behind him. He started the year with a bang but has been quiet since, at least from the bits I've seen?

• Kiwi Eagle

Ratings:
        +2,441 /31
        Bloody Cook !

• IQofalimabean

IQofalimabean Well-Known Member

Ratings:
        +278 /11
        Playing Souths week 1 of the finals sounds a lot better than playing Melbourne in Sydney or on their home turf.

• Ralphie

Ralphie Well-Known Member Premium Member

Bredbo
        Ratings:
        +2,557 /271
        Melbourne have hit form and I would be more confident that they will snatch 2nd ahead of us. Souths will have Inglis & Sutton back to play us next weekend and will be desperate to get back on track. If we don't beat the Warriors tomorrow we may well be out of the top 4 by the end of next weekend.

As I said, all this talk of 2nd is way premature and inviting a slide down the table.

• bones

bones Bones Knows

Ratings:
        +9,036 /102
        You saying ''if we don't beat the Warriors tomorrow, we may well be out of the top 4 by the end of next weekend" is just as presumptuous as those saying we can grab second spot. But I guess yours is ok because it's negative?

• Like Like x 2
        • Mybludog

Mybludog Active Member

Ratings:
          +57 /0
          I doubt us talking about where we finish on the ladder will have any actual bearing on it

I think we've probably got 1 loss in us

Souths next week or Raiders in Canberra