2nd Test Aust v India

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan
India have won the toss and will bat first. Do you think ST will get his 100th ton today? #abcscgtest

Both teams same as 1st test

The way Pattinson is going no chance, wont be anybody left to partner him. 3/25 in the first session

Great bowling from all 3 quicks to knock over india for under 200

another failure from Marsh though, if watto is fit can see Marsh getting the punt until he gets some batting under his belt

Great session from Ponting and Clarke to take the game away from the indians, hoping ponting gets the 3 more needed as he deserves a century here

Great work by Ponting and Clarke. I thought Pup was struggling a bit of late, but he was seeing it like a watermelon today. Could be looking at a 350+ score if he bats through 2 sessions tomorrow. Tough day for the Indians.......... great to see

200 runs in a day is a great achievement as well, striking at over 70 for 250 will allow him to bat most of the day tomorrow. Could gain a lead of 500 and still have more than 2 days to bowl india out.

What's the go with the cleanskin bat ?? I bet Slazenger are spewing they missed out on this knock.

914475-kohli-bird-spl-spt.jpg

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/cricket/virat-kohli-shows-middle-finger-to-scg-crowd/story-fn67wv6z-1226236905226

INDIA'S combative batsman Virat Kohli said he gave the finger to the Sydney crowd yesterday after being taunted by vile comments regarding his mother and sister.

Just as it seemed relations between Australia and India were developing positively after the Monkeygate affair in 2008, tensions have risen again in Sydney following the incident.

Kohli was fielding near the boundary in front of a group of rowdy Australian fans when he flipped the bird, and was caught by photographers.

Kohli defended his actions last night on Twitter, writing: “i agree cricketers dont have to retaliate. what when the crowd says the worst things about your mother and sister. the worst ive heard”.

Kohli found some support from England cricketer Kevin Pietersen who tweeted, "@imVkohli ha ha ha ha ha!!! Welcome to Australia buddy!!" and "that's the way it is mate.. Beat them & they start abusing their own!! #fickle."

Kohli has a reputation as one of the team’s aggressors but could face sanctioning from the Board of Control in India for his outburst.

Both sides have made a point of highlighting the progress in relations between them since the infamous Test four years ago when Harbhajan Singh was accused of racially abusing Andrew Symonds, and then captain Anil Kumble claimed after the match that Australia did not play within the spirit of the game.

But Kohli’s finger suggests some Indian players still feel far from welcome in this country.

Well it took longer then I expected for the Indians to start whinging. This should fire up the bogans in the crowd even more. Won't be long before they will be threatening to call off the tour.

Berkeley_Eagle said:
914475-kohli-bird-spl-spt.jpg

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/cricket/virat-kohli-shows-middle-finger-to-scg-crowd/story-fn67wv6z-1226236905226

INDIA'S combative batsman Virat Kohli said he gave the finger to the Sydney crowd yesterday after being taunted by vile comments regarding his mother and sister.

Just as it seemed relations between Australia and India were developing positively after the Monkeygate affair in 2008, tensions have risen again in Sydney following the incident.

Kohli was fielding near the boundary in front of a group of rowdy Australian fans when he flipped the bird, and was caught by photographers.

Kohli defended his actions last night on Twitter, writing: “i agree cricketers dont have to retaliate. what when the crowd says the worst things about your mother and sister. the worst ive heard”.

Kohli found some support from England cricketer Kevin Pietersen who tweeted, "@imVkohli ha ha ha ha ha!!! Welcome to Australia buddy!!" and "that's the way it is mate.. Beat them & they start abusing their own!! #fickle."

Kohli has a reputation as one of the team’s aggressors but could face sanctioning from the Board of Control in India for his outburst.

Both sides have made a point of highlighting the progress in relations between them since the infamous Test four years ago when Harbhajan Singh was accused of racially abusing Andrew Symonds, and then captain Anil Kumble claimed after the match that Australia did not play within the spirit of the game.

But Kohli’s finger suggests some Indian players still feel far from welcome in this country.
Harden up princess. What about the racial taunts symonds faced In one day games in India. They let rip with monkey noises and bananas. The Indians love dishing it out but the soft bastards can't take it.

No problem with Kohli giving it back, or any player for that matter

Been watching cricket for years, think this score from Clarke is the biggest I have actually watched, saw Cullinan get a 275 and can't recall any bigger I have seen, wasn't watching when Crowe got his 299

Actually I did see Haydens 380, but that was a woeful Zimbo attack

**** sake, Hussey is the master of burgling the strike !!

Watched a fair chunk of Haydos's 380. Also saw quite a bit of Tubby's 334* in Pakistan.

Shane why wouldn't you want Clarke to get the triple ??

They are trying to win a Test match, Clarke could go for 400+ and get a drawn result, or they could go for the win.

Interesting decision to declare with 400 within reach.

More proof Clarke is a very good captain and remains focused even when personal goals can be achieved.

The 329 not out adds about 3 runs to his career average, from 45 to 48 in one knock.

Take a bow M Clarke, R Ponting and M Hussey.

He picked up enough records on the way to fill a mantlepiece.
Most runs by and Aussie captain in Australia
Most runs at the SCG
First time 2 X 250 run stands in test matches

im sure there is more too

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4