3, 2, 1 v Cowboys [Round 7 2014]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

mosto

I have a well known member
Premium Member
Heart still pumping. Voting open, I'm going:

3 Foz
2 Snake
1 JSL

Pretty lacklustre performance. Not a lot of spark or intensity, but not surprising considering

DCE out
Choc injured
Matai injured
Foz injured
Rookie centre in Hiku.

Gifty got involved when it counted and Snake had a pretty good game.

3 - Foran (to have the presence of mind and faith in his own ability to pull off that try....remarkable, and considering he looked busted for most of the 2nd half)
2 - Gift (thought he really was heavily involved)
1 - Snake (this was hard, a lot could get the point, but I thought Snakes class was what shone through)

Had to give JSL some points, he was outstanding !!

Really impressed with Hasson in the final stages of the match as well

i thought Foz was in top 3 at least, he pulled off the class plays that mattered. But these plays never happened if Gift didn't step up like he did, he didn't just become a 1st receiver in the 2nd half, he was taking front row hit ups, and in plenty of tackling.

According to the NRL website stats, last night Gifty ran for 121 metres (next best forward was the Fuhrer off the bench with 116 with Starling 3rd on 98), and he made 28 tackles. What I couldn't find was how many hit ups he took. But stats only tell half the story don't they. Gifty led from the front last night. If he was the captain he'd have been lauded for putting in a real captain's knock. It was Gifty who got a pass away under pressure to his brother which led to Jorge's first try.

According to the stats, our best last night were:

Metres gained - Jorge (192), Snake (159)
Tackles - Matty Ballin (50), BJ (41)
Line Breaks - Jorge (2), Snake, Foz, Skivvy (1)

Interesting, we made 5 line breaks against the Cows.....and scored 5 tries. Shows two things. It shows what we can do when we hold onto the ball. And it showed that the Cows defence gets shot to bits when a break is made. Case point when Skivvy put Snake into that gap that led to Jorge's second try. Only Thurston was coming across in cover and Snake had left The Chin on the ground clutching at grass. Rona was legless trying to catch either Snake or Jorge and that left Morgan to have to either take Snake or turn and chase Jorge. Morgan probably took the right option because by choosing Jorge he kept him out wide and lessened the chance of Killer kicking the conversion. But if Snake had of dummied to Jorge and pinned his ears back, with no one but Rona within cooee he probably would have been in under the posts.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6