3, 2, 1 v Warriors [Round 20 2014]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

mosto

I have a well known member
Premium Member
Gutsy win! Voting open.

I'm going:

3 Killer
2 DCE
1 Starling

DCE
Foz
Lyon

- Ballin honourable mention

3 - Killer
2 - DCE
1 - Peta

Killer was all class today. Cherry wasn't at his absolute best, but if he can do that when he's not on his game, look out when he's firing. Peta diffused a couple of bombs, scored a couple of tries and his defence was for the most part good. Probably his best game out on the flank (actually read on The Kennel that some wish they had a winger like him. I'd take that as a compliment, especially considering he's not really a winger).

Other than that, Foz's defence saved a couple of tries, King took it up strong all day other than one bad knock on. Blair was a more than capable replacement for Jorge. Matty B was......Matty B. Tackled everything in sight and never let us down.....again.

I don't know if I can put Choc's game down to the off-field BS because he's prone to games like today's from time to time. Snake didn't do much, but it was a game where he didn't really need to, though his pass to Peta for his second was another addition to the highlight reel showing he's not just the try-scoring freak we know and love.

Buhrer
Blair
Killer

COMMANDER said:
Ballin
Ferris
Hiku

I feel guilty. Every week I'm about ready to give Ballin 3 points but nothing he ever does is any different to the week before. Smoothly dishing the ball off the deck from dummy half no fancy ****. Tops the tackle count every game.

He's so important. Yet so unnoticed. Wouldn't swap him for any other hooker.

Credit where credit is due. Not based on 'star' factor:

Matt Ballin
Jamie Buhrer
Peta Hiku
With a very honourable mention for Jason King. Who really stood up against those massive Kiwi forwards (and backs !). King dog's best match of the year.

cant believe there is no love for Foran, he was massive today, he is so underdone sometimes but his defense alone saved at least two tries as well as constantly keeping their right hand edge guessing

Another tough one today. I could pick a lot, but I'm going a bit off centre (which is fairly usual)

3 - Hiku (he scored 2, 1 of which was a ball tearer, he saved 1 when Tomkins was certain to score, and made some great runs in our 20)
2 - Blair (same as Hiku, he scored a lovely try, and whilst in the first try he was caught out, he then smashed Hurrell a couple of times, made a heap of runs, and was secure under the high ball)
1 - Killer (captain fantastic, how nice was that play down the blind side?)

I thought T-Red again showed his worth.

3 Sid - 2 try savers, a try and a 40/20
2 Foz - Just super solid in defence, made a lot of desperate tackles
1 Ballin - Massive defensive effort.

I want to give honourable mentions to JSL and Killer

HappilyManly said:
Sid
Dragon
Killer

Please excuse my ignorance - who's Dragon? I'm stumped?!

3) Lyon
2) Foz
1) Hiku

Honourable mentions for Cherry, Ballin, Buhrer, Tommy, Blair, JSL, King.

May be I need to watch the game again. Usually this pole is about right with MOM. But the halves way out in front really? Buhrer gets my 3 just surprised more forwards aren't getting votes.

Cliffy said:
May be I need to watch the game again. Usually this pole is about right with MOM. But the halves way out in front really? Buhrer gets my 3 just surprised more forwards aren't getting votes.

It wasn't a great game all round, both teams made easy meters up the middle which probably made the forwards look worse than they are, none of them stood out which is a good thing because they were all doing their jobs. If you have the time watch the game again and just watch Foz keep an eye out for him and then do the same with DCE both he and Foz tried to tackle anything that moved and in attack they both shaped everything. They made mistakes but man did they make up for it, Foz had the right hand edge guessing the whole time and dce kept his head for most of the and and kicked us out of trouble over and over again everytime we needed it, he completely nullified the poor field position we had for massive periods, sure he made some unusual mistakes for him but nothing he didn't make up for.

Killer just did what killer does and added another dimension to the game his kicks and running game were superb.

Ballin was best of the forwards but always goes without praise but he just tackled and ran time and time again.

Both Foz and dce saved at least 2 tries each with last ditch massive tackles or plays they do so much so often that they make it look ordinary but those two helped craft the win that our defense set us up for

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7