3 Gamebreakers

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

maxta

First Grader
Premium Member
Who will standout in week 1 against these Purple cheats.
Easy to say the team will play well but nominate 3 you believe will lead the way.
for me
1 - Foran - should step it up this season
2 - G. Stewart - will be extra fired up after end of 2010
3 - King - his aggression will set the standards  :mad:

I dont know that Foran is a game breaker but he can weave some magic.

Would actually like to see him have a run at Lock if the team lineup allows at some point.

I am really this season looking forward to seeing how Cherry Evans goes.

I don't expect massive things of him this year, but give him 2 - 3 seasons and I reckon he will be awesome!

Dan

Kite hates the pruple pricks and this might be his last year with us so I expect a big game (and season) from him as well

wont be real pretty , i think manly will play pretty boring for the 1st couple of weeks hopefully once Brett gets a bit fitter than the running game will come into the attack , so hope there all fit for a hard grind this weekend , melb will be full of running young and keen for a chance

Kiwi Eagle link said:
Hopefully King treats their pack how he reportedly treated the Warriors pack in the trial
Thought Kingy lifted in 2010 in tough times & seems as you point out continued it already. Kite needs more mongrel like 2008 & big George- huge opportunity to become the impact player he potentially is...

I would like to see Choc fire as he didnt perform last year to justify the moola he is being paid

Everyone just rates K Foran like he's the best thing since sliced bread. Sorry guys - I just don't buy it. I didn't find him that creative at all last year. I found him more of a wide runner than anything. Ok, he's a decent player, but I still personally believe Lyon is our best 5/8, as we saw in the 40-0 Grand Final win.

Kite.  I think his second half last year was really good and he was getting back to his best.

Cherry-Evans.  He is my pick for our most important player this year.  If his game clicks at the NRL level we will be fine but if he struggles we won't come close to the 8.

Choc.  Because I think he can get the type of service and game plan from DCE that he didn't get last year from Hodkinson.  Choc was well down in 10 from his outstanding 09 form, but I don't necessarily believe it was all his own fault.  I think he was greatly effected by the change from losing Ox, of course the flipside of that change of style was our centres saw a lot more ball but I really believe DCE has the smarts to use all our weapons.

My three gamebreakers are a little different:-

1. Des - bench utilisation;
2. Injuries - full strength, we look good;
3. Donny Singe and fitness levels being awesome.

Get those three things right, and I guarantee, we'd look good.

Ryan link said:
Everyone just rates K Foran like he's the best thing since sliced bread. Sorry guys - I just don't buy it. I didn't find him that creative at all last year. I found him more of a wide runner than anything. Ok, he's a decent player, but I still personally believe Lyon is our best 5/8, as we saw in the 40-0 Grand Final win.

I must admit there is a bit of potential that Foran could turn into a Travis Burns type.  Great defender and you love his ticker but what actually does he do in attack.  That being said I do think he has some better attacking instincts than Burns but I don't consider him a natural five eight which is why, as I've mentioned elsewhere, our no 7 is so crucial to how we'll go.  If DCE kills it then it allows Foran to pick and choose rather than putting a heap of pressure on him to come up with plays.  

I'm hopefull that Foran will become this generations version of Toovs and will be a future captain and inspiration to the whole club.

Yeah i agree Ryan,

Whilst Foran has heart, he rarely offers anything in attack, always the same step that Burns tried....

2011 will tell.

stoodamire link said:
Yeah i agree Ryan,

Whilst Foran has heart, he rarely offers anything in attack, always the same step that Burns tried....

2011 will tell.
Agreed that last season Foran got almost predictable at times & yes...unfortunately was more a physical player- i think DCE has what we lacked in Dogson-genuine speed & should complement Forans game- time will tell.

Ryan link said:
Remember Kieran was only 20yo last year and is already an international. He also spent the latter part of the season playing with injury.
Give the young fella a break.

Manlyborn
get the Big League season preview & read the piece on Keiran, that may instill more condfidence for you

Jesus, 20 and already writing him off as a 5/8. Last year when he wasn't signed up and there was talk of the Chooks getting him, outrage at losing a star, now we have him back to an average player ?

Remember, for the 1st 18 months with us Lyon was "fat" "over rated" and would "never be a 5/8s arsehole" as well

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4