3 images from last nights game

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

mmmdl

Reserve Grader
Here are 3 still from about 15 seconds apart after the Taufua run down the left touch.

In the first, see Proctor and where he is positioned (bottom right)
In the 2nd, see Proctor take out a runner
In the 3rd, see Buhrer clearly square at marker when the ball is played.

No penalty to us, penalty to them.

proctor1.jpg

proctor2.jpg

buhrer.jpg

Any images of Kite putting his head in the scrum at lock and pulling it out after the ref blew time time off.

If so please forward them to Tooves.

Who knows the 40 seconds wasted, Lyon declines last kick at goal and we would of got a full set of 6 with over a minute on the clock.

Not that we deserved to win.

The Proctor incident happened right in front of me, I was blowing up bigtime.

It wasn't 40 secs it was only 21 secs and by that stage it wouldn't have left enough time.

The earlier incident was massive as there were still 12 mins left and 6 pts difference. Even when watching the replay I thought Cronk was offside when he came up to Cherry before he passed for the intercept but the image above suggests he was actually back 10. That Proctor play is a shocker though and should have been picked up as he is blatantly getting involved from an offside position. On your home ground you would usually get any benefit of the doubt after a break is made like that.
The Buhrer penalty is also a very clear error from that picture. In effect, Melbourne got a 'benefit' call after their break but Manly didn't.

Send it to Bill and see how he can turn it into a legitimate play and back the refs. Should be fun seeing him try.

I though the decision to turn the ball back to the blind side was the wrong one at the time. We spin it to the right and we score.

What wasn't shown was that Tafua was pushed over as he stood up to play the ball as well. That should have been 10 in the bin, though obviously the ref was playing advantage. I was opposite this on the other side and was furious that the ref gave them so much more leniency in this situation and many others.

Unfortunately as such a niggly team, because refs are always on the verge of penalising them for their tactics, it seems they get away with more as a result.

Email the NFL or the refs with those images, it'd be interesting to hear their response, and it might bring light to their tactics in the future.

NRL. Stupid autocorrect.
I doubt the NFL would help out much.

That is just shocking that that wasn't picked up. It shows the refs were not in position and not watching anything but the ball carrier. It always thought that Whare was tackled without the ball allowing the intercept but I had no idea it was a deliberate tackle by an offside player. Whare should have stayed down and feigned injury

Daniel said:
That is just shocking that that wasn't picked up. It shows the refs were not in position and not watching anything but the ball carrier. It always thought that Whare was tackled without the ball allowing the intercept but I had no idea it was a deliberate tackle by an offside player. Whare should have stayed down and feigned injury

Touchie is right on the spot too. They are just window dressing though since 2 refs were introduced. May as well get punters out of the crowd holding a stubbie running the lines.

I wish (unless there is) some way of emailing them to someone in authority knowing they'll have a look at it.

I guess if someone did it at the moment the response is "well the ref's make 95% of all decision correctly so you have to roll with the punches."

Still, some of this 'serial' b/s I'd like to see addressed. And by that I mean the storm kicked out of the nrl ;)

The Storm are habitual cheats. From the top of club admin, to the coach to the players. The more people say this truth plainly & often the better.

If it wasnt for the fact they are a frontier team, hwe should all be screaming for them to be kicked out of the comp.

We should bring in another ref I reckon

I agree.

Instead of using those cameras that hang off guy wires above the field, snap on an additional ref and hover him over the play constantly.

1) The ruck ref
2) The defensive line ref
3) The "above it all" ref

Since they all have GPS now, surely we could just implant GPS in all the players jerseys as well as the referee, then its a fairly simple matter of calculating whether they are inline with the referee and if they have traveled the 10m.

You could also put in a accelerometer and determine how long they are down in a tackle. Why add two stupid refs when we could add more smart technology

Daniel said:
Why add two stupid refs when we could add more smart technology

^^ nerdy non marketing type ^^

What...and miss having a bloke dressed in pink flying all over the field above the play ??

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6