3-point buffer

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

lismore_fan

Bencher
Nice to go into a bye round already with a 3-point buffer between us (4th) and the next team.
After the bye, as long as the planets line up correctly, we should extend that buffer to 5 points, if:

Cowboys beat Titans, and
Rabbits beat the Knights.

Sure, we are a dead-set Top 4 contender but nice to have that little buffer between us & the also-rans.

Yeah certainly nice to be at that stage already. Building nicely towards our minimum 28 points

Rabbitohs will most definitely towel up the Knights.
But no JT does not auger well for the cows. Still the Titans will be missing their back row so there is a chance.

Agree that is nice to have that buffer though. We earned it!

Dan said:
Yeah certainly nice to be at that stage already. Building nicely towards our minimum 28 points

if we only manage 9 points from our remaining 13 games we will be looking like mad Monday contenders in straight sets, would have for closer to 19 more points and 38

Fluffy said:
Dan said:

if we only manage 9 points from our remaining 13 games we will be looking like mad Monday contenders in straight sets, would have for closer to 19 more points and 38
Not the point Fluffy, not the point. The point is that it is awesome to be so close the the minimum requirement to get to the finals so early in the season. Thus I expect us to finish much higher than that.

Originally I read the r as a t and thought this post was about George Rose

Travelling quite well at the moment considering the punishment the team has copped in the last few weeks. The bye couldn't have come at a better time tbh. Having said that >1 win ahead of 5th place is a good thing to carry at this stage of the season. With Gifty getting fitter, Snake returning and edging closer to Fa'aoso returning we will be in a good position towards the business end of the season

I'm happy enough with the Cronulla result - leaves us that bit closer to 1st. I am an optomist.

SeaEagle21 said:
Travelling quite well at the moment considering the punishment the team has copped in the last few weeks. The bye couldn't have come at a better time tbh. Having said that >1 win ahead of 5th place is a good thing to carry at this stage of the season. With Gifty getting fitter, Snake returning and edging closer to Fa'aoso returning we will be in a good position towards the business end of the season

Richie is not due back until round 18 so he still has a while to go. It sucks that his 8 game suspension turns into 10 weeks because of the two bye rounds not counting against his punishment.

Jethro said:
SeaEagle21 said:

Richie is not due back until round 18 so he still has a while to go. It sucks that his 8 game suspension turns into 10 weeks because of the two bye rounds not counting against his punishment.

Especially as the biter seemd to have deductions for matches all over the globe.

That is true i guess but he has at least served half his suspension and we don't lose anything during the bye weeks anyway. Probably is a good thing that the two bye weeks fall at the tail end of his suspension to give BJ and Kitey a bit of time to rest up. All i meant by the comment is that we are sitting in a promising position atm given the injuries and suspensions and that things should improve over the coming weeks :)

If we win tomorrow it's probably safe to say that the Knights won't jump us on the ladder at all from this point onwards. The gap will be extended to 7 points with a victory. If Melbourne also win tomorrow then the gap will be 5 points between the 6th placed Sharks and us.

The Titans are the closest team outside the top 4 and we will need to win tomorrow to keep the 3 point buffer we had before going into this round.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4