3 sides stadium.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Duff

Bencher
What a joke that place is.

Anybody that thinks Brookvale is not up to standard needs to subject themselves to a game at this hole.

There are no good seats. Nowhere has a decent view. The perspective of the game isn't there.
The seats are too small. I'm not a big guy but you can't sit in a seat without being in contact with the people either side of you.
There's no atmosphere. I got home in time to see the replay & they're talking up how intense the game was. I just sat there bored waiting for Souths to win. We put in the odd chant but it disappeared into nowhere.
The beer & food queues were 20 minutes long from the time we got there to whenever they closed it. The queues at Brookvale are never that bad & at least you can still watch the game from the queues on the hill. It was pathetically under catered. They could learn about catering for a game from the mob that do Brookie & that's saying something.
It only has one entrance. What a joke. Good planning ironstines.

This is not for the whinge thread because I want any of the people who feel that we should have a stadium like that at Brookvale to explain themselves.
Normally the crap situation up there is tmpered by a win. We didn't even get that last night. What a horrible night out.

Brookvale is a palace.

Duff,I know I dont agree with you on some things,and I do think Brookie needs an upgrade,but,your views on that garbage pit they call a stadium at gosford are spot on.I was going to go up to see friends (before work intervened) but was going to watch the game from either their place,or the CCL club.Wouldn't waste 5c on that place.

we need something like skilled or suncorp with the new stands

there rows a pretty close together which is the most comfy but it makes the stand steep so you are sitting over the ground.

in a perfect world with funding brookie would get 4 new stands covering the whole ground leaving a reduced eastern hill or terrace.
probably need 100mil in funding for that to happen

There are two entrances at Blue Tongue, Duff. One eastern one western - but you're right, it is a **** parlour. The concourse areas are way too narrow when you are trying to get through to wherever you're seated/standing. It was built for only $20 odd million, even circa 1999, that was cheap. And it shows.

As I said to a few people last night at the game: The stadium looks like you play a game at it, then fold it up, pack it into a box and bring it out for special occasions. It is a bunch of metal keeping a bunch of seats in place. Get everyone to jump up and down and it'd probably collapse.

If anyone wants that for Brookie they have to stop kidding themselves.

Oh and Duff: it took you half an hour back in Sydney to post on Silvertails? That's some effort!!

I refuse to go there. It's a stadium that looks good on TV, but that's it.

I have always thought that Brookvale Oval, closely followed by Leichhardt Oval, are the best venues to watch RL. What they have is a Hill for the 'common man' of which I'm proud to be one. The view from Brookie Hill is fantastic, and you can sit down and only need to jump up when Manly are about to score.

I know people complain about the poor facilities but the only one I use is the dated toilet block, which I can put up with. I would hate it if Brookie became a full stadium. I'm happy if they modernise three sides - but we must keep the famous Hill. 

I'm just stoked that we don't waste home games by playing them up there anymore.

****e stadium, CC Leagues the only pub nearby, plenty of bears fans. What a hole.

I think you're all being a touch hysterical. Until last night Manly had an impeccable record there and., yes this might be a bit girly for you, but I really like the view and watching it change as the sun sets while waiting to get into the game. Every time I've been I've also had a great view of the game. It's just a ground. Lighten up kiddies.

To be fair duff, the seats in the Fulton menzies stand at brookie are no bigger, I've had the same problem there.

Also the food and beveridge lines last night were long, but when was the last time there was over 18k people at brookie?

I agree with you about the view or lack there of.

Central Coast Eagle link said:
To be fair duff, the seats in the Fulton menzies stand at brookie are no bigger, I've had the same problem there.

Also the food and beveridge lines last night were long, but when was the last time there was over 18k people at brookie?

I agree with you about the view or lack there of.

Yes but if you choose to sit in the stands at Brookie, it's your own silly fault. Where's the option at Gosford?

The only reason there was such a big crowd was because of the mass of Bears idiots that sowed up. Still, the catering should be able to cope with a capacity crowd which that was not.

Hordernnewt, our good record up there doesn't matter. It's still an unpleasant way to watch a win. My issue is with the people who look to that & Robina & all those other stadiums and want Brookvale to be turned into that. If we get funding it should be to make things better for people, not worse.

It may be just a stadium but as with anything in life, it frustrates me when people seem to go out of their way to take something cool & ruin it. If we need to make Brookie bigger all they have to do is dump more dirt behind the hill and build it up. Dirt cheap.

I was at Suncorp last night for Panfers-Donkeys....for those that haven't been get up here on the 27th of May, world class and without a doubt the best ground in the world to wacth a game from.

Mark from Brisbane link said:
I was at Suncorp last night for Panfers-Donkeys....for those that haven't been get up here on the 27th of May, world class and without a doubt the best ground in the world to wacth a game from.
im with u love suncorp

AAMI stadium is terrific.  Duff is correct Bluetongue is crap.  The beer lines take 30 minutes to clear, unacceptable.  The end concourse has a place to sell beer but you can't watch any field action.  And it's populated by toothless, bad haired numbats.  I've not seen the like since watching Zombie movies.  Maybe they all are.  A scary place.  The bus ride up there was excellent and I'd recommend it to any one if we play there again.  And Duff, maybe you were the 'butterfly effect' on DCE missing the goal by leaving a tad early   

DSM5 link said:
AAMI stadium is terrific.  Duff is correct Bluetongue is crap.  The beer lines take 30 minutes to clear, unacceptable.  The end concourse has a place to sell beer but you can't watch any field action.  And it's populated by toothless, bad haired numbats.  I've not seen the like since watching Zombie movies.  Maybe they all are.  A scary place.  The bus ride up there was excellent and I'd recommend it to any one if we play there again.  And Duff, maybe you were the 'butterfly effect' on DCE missing the goal by leaving a tad early   

Good to see you up there DSM btw.

Duff, you shouldn't have left early :p

I am a fan of the SFS.Sat up with the 747s landing at Mascot in the 90s at a Manly semifinal,and still had a great view.(the year there was the huge brawl in the schoolboys game).Love Brookie,and think the hill should stay,but we do need to upgrade the toilet,and food/beverage facilities.Maybe make the family hill more banked and seated.Leave the hill as is.I noticed from the family hill on sunday (last) that there were other food options to pies etc on the western corner hill.Pity they cant get something like that for the main hill.And,I'll bet the lines are HUGE!

SFS is the best ground in Sydney to watch Rugby League.
Bluetongue is also a great ground inhabited and staffed by trolls/tools/logs.
Shame about that.
Brookie is home.
Its upgrading needs to understand the needs of the fans and the culture of the club.

Seriously how badly do people need to eat heart attack fuelled junk food and sink multiple beers?

And what kind of footy fan knowingly chooses to miss half a match they've paid good money to see because they can't possibly do without it?

For god's sake the game is only 2 x 40 minute halves - if you have to eat crap and sink beers it's not hard to get there 20 mins before kick off - or wait until full time.

And if you're smarter still go to the Brookie Hotel and have a decent steak. I've been doing it for 20 years and never missed a single minute of over 200 home games.

Don't preach about what people should or shouldn't eat/drink.Australia is still a free society (just).Someone should be able to enjoy a beer or 2,or a pie (or SALAD sandwich) at the game without lining up for 20+ minutes.Very rarely happens at SFS,why should it happen at brookie.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6