3rd Test Changes ??

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Chip and Chase

True Supporter
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Unless Hussey produces a miracle and puts on another 150 with the tail like he did in his debut season, we are going to go to Hobart locked at 1-1.

Presuming Katich is passed fit do we think there will be any changes apart from Katich in for Hughes ? North may be a little nervous given his form of late, especially as he hasn't been offering any all rounder value with his bowling. He can't lay claim to being the 6th best batsman in this country on current form. If he was chipping in with wickets than you'd cut him some slack. I think he may be lucky that Hughes didn't really fire this Test. In fact to be frank Hughes looked a little at sea, even his second innings was scratchy with plenty of windy woofs with little footwork, a return of 37 isn't enough to force his way in. Had he fired there may have been a chance he held his spot and opened with Katich and Watson dropping down the order to replace North. As it is we'll see the same side that contested the 1st Test.

North should be very nervous. I've never really been sold on his place in this team, and he's looked very vulnerable this summer.

You're right about Hughes. Looked very uncomfortable out there. He had a chance to put together a big knock in the second dig and put his hand up, but didn't. Although after his knock in the first innings I think he would've needed 130+ to convince selectors he was ready again....

We have a couple of batsmen who are really quite out of sorts. Starting with North, but sadly followed by our captain who is clearly still struggling with an injury (I hope, because he has many cracks in his game at the moment). Hussey has looked more solid, but not out of the woods yet, Clarke isn't scoring enough runs although he looks strong while he is out there. Haddin can be included on the blokes who need to lift their game.

Only change they'll make is Katich in for Hughes, and I probably wouldn't make any other changes yet either. Give North another Test, then consider brushing him.

Who is killing it in Pura Cup this year? I missed the start of the season and it seems like they've only played 20/20 and OD games since I've been back in the country...

Michael Klinger has been amongst the runs, and I think Chris Rogers has been hitting them alright as well. Ed Cowan is up there as well with a couple of good digs. Problem is that they are all top order batsman, not that they'd struggle batting down the order for Australia given the chance.

BTW it's back to the Sheffield Shield now, thank god they got rid of that Pura Cup rubbish.

i wouldnt be suprised to see Hughes stay and North go, the more time Hughes gets in test cricket the better he will become and North is 30 already so needs to be doing what Hussey did and come in and stay strong to keep the 6 spot. North i feel has been kept in the team as a slips fielder as we are a long way from having the choice of Warne, Hayden etc of years gone by.

If Hilfy is fit Piddle might be in trouble as well, just cant get wickets right now and Hobart is Hilfy's home.

I don't think Hilfy is fit, so there won't be an changes to the bowling line up.

North grassed a sitter in this test so I wouldn't be relying on his slips fielding to justify his spot.

That was my point, he has lost that "positive".

Needless to say Hussey has guaranteed his position for another year today

Yep Mr Cricket has saved his bacon for a while. If he bats us to a win in this Test then he will be a fixture for a few more seasons. Gee another 50 runs and this is going to be a cracker of a test match. The Pakis still slightly ahead, but if we set 220+ then they will be under tremendous pressure...and we all know how the Pakis perform under the blowtorch. The question is has Hauritz got the goolies to bowl us to a win. You'd love to have Warney back.

Is there ever any talk about Ponting's form over there ? Had a very average 2009 and this summer has been nothing special from him, North has averaged more the past year than Ponting

Neil Harvey has had a say about Ponting, says he should retire after the Ashes, I have heard others say he should drop down the order.

It's slowly building, his injury is not helping him at the moment. If he doesn't fire in the one dayers there may be a push to have him out with Clarke already the T20 captain and a World Cup coming up, he's as safe as a house in the Test side for at least another 12 months, which he has earnt.

The Ashes will be the big test for him, if he fails there and the side loses the pressure will be huge, especially in the Sydney media where Clarke is worshipped.

There's no real stand out player to replace North. Klinger has been the form batsman this season but he is 29 or so. Khawaja had a good start, couple of centuries, he would be my pick. Shaun Marsh and Voges have both made runs, Steve Smith probably the other option, he made a run a ball century earlier and they seem desperate to get him in there somewhere. Ferguson would have been the obvious choice if not for his injury.

There have been a few rumblings about Pontings form, but while we keep winning he won't get dropped, that just doesn't happen to Australian Test Captains. Tubby was a passenger with the bat for well  over a year but held his spot. Even Steve Waugh went through a slump but held his spot. Fair enough too, Ponting still has something to offer, although I don't think he is as good a Captain as his predecessors. Ponting will get to decide when he wants to finish as long as we keep winning Tests.

it was a good win after where they stood after the first innings and another 5 for Hauritz.

How bad were Pakistan, captain giving away free runs first thing of a morning and a keeper dropping easy catches, won't help the match fixing rumours that are always around.

I see Ponting fell for the hook bait again, but as usual the Pakis grassed the chance....and it was a sitter. That one cost them 140 runs already.

Clarke now has his highest ever Test score....and counting. A pair of double tons coming up by the looks.

Thanks to Will Styles a few others for playing Ponting and Clarke back into form. It is a funny game but a simple dropped catch had a dramatic impact.

I do what I can.

Pup was always going to get a big score this summer. He's looked too good without getting the big scores, so it was bound to happen.

North failed again though. I don't see them dropping him just yet though...

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6