3rd Test

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Clint

Tipping Member
Surely this is the first time ever that a whole bowling attack has changed from one test to the next.
With Pattinson, Hilfy and Siddle all out injured and Lyon not to be selected imo.
What will the bowling line up be?
Starc & Johnson probably certanties now.

Sounds like Hazlewood will get a start. Maybe a bit early, but he's got so much talent. WACA should suit him too. Tall unit, good pace, great seam work. Looking forward to him hopefully getting a baggy green.

Another Country NSW boy.

Looks like Johnson is saddling up....I'm going to go out on a limb and back him, when on one is the worlds premier bowlers... Problem is he is rarely on

If hr can make the ball take a shape he'll rip the heart out of south Africa

On the flip side we lose this game then might as well cancel the Ashes and any other tests series before the rest because we will lose, we must make Ponting go out a winner for team morale

The Eagle said:
Who the f**k is Hastings?

Arent you from out western Sydney way Shane?

He is born and bred around Penrith, as for his cricketing credentials I share your bemusement.

Fro said:
The Eagle said:
Who the f**k is Hastings?

Arent you from out western Sydney way Shane?

He is born and bred around Penrith, as for his cricketing credentials I share your bemusement.

Apparently he played against my club a few times

Why not Hazelwood?

Cant answer that, I'd have gone with Hazelwood too.

Experience is the only thing I can come up with, as in he is older. ability wise the young guy is far better.

2 roads then they put up this pitch, could settle down by 3rd and 4th innings

Weather willing this game ends....I reckon it'll flatten out for innings 4 we could have a shot

pitch was a day behind in prep it seems. Second day played like a good first day pitch, did plenty early then settled down. 3rd day like a second day offering little for the bowlers and with any luck 4th day will be like a 3rd day again offering not much.

looked that way tonight after 10 overs the ball was easy to play.

Perfect set up for Cowan to play a steady 200 and keep his place

Great sportsmanship shown by the SA. Ricky Ponting comes out to bat as the SA's form a guard of honour around him.
Good on them.

Now smash em for 300 Rick.

Strange effort with the bat today, can't really say that the bowlers have been responsible for most of the wickets. Seems to be a lack of fight and a clear gameplan from some of them, especially if we look back to what the Saffies did at Adelaide

Some ordinary dismissals from Aussies today. I'm all for playing natural game and attacking, but when you are chasing 600 in the 4th dig you need to respect your wicket a little. Clarke worst of ones I saw, should have been leading from front.

The fact only Cowan faced more than 60 balls showed the lack of application required today. I didn't think that match would end today

**** game, **** pitch poorly handled by the Aussie bats, ****ing disgrace

Expect us to slide to the position just over Bangladesh in world rankings

A slight over reaction Shane. Let's not forget that apart from Lyon and Watson we fielded a second and third string bowling attack. Pitch didn't look too bad when they clocked up 500. We got out played by the best side in the world, no biggie.

We'll struggle to stay off the very bottom of the ladder,those players will have taken a massive body blow like India did last year but only multiply it by about 10,India at the end of the series lost a series

We lost a legend

yeah pitch was fine, application by Aus was not unfortunately.

Time will tell if you are on the money regarding us sliding down the list, I hope you are wrong...........I fear you are not

We have a good young pace attack if we can get them all on the field. Clarke in current form is the type of batsman that you can build a team around. He will fill the ponting void and he is a better skipper to boot. Watson is pretty handy these days. Our batting depth outside of that isn't great but we've always had players step up. We probably lack a real quality spinner, but unfortunately we are all used to having Warney which will never happen again.

I'm not overly concerned about the state of our cricket. We're not at the peak of our powers but we have most sides matched. You have to remember before this series South Africa were touted as the best batting line up and easily the best bowling line up in world cricket. 3-0 wasn't out of the question so we did well to match them. If it wasn't for a depleted attack in Adelaide we may have got them and we went into this last test with a second string attack.

We'll be right.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7