4 Corners fall out

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Matabele

Journey Man
There are several implications in the Matt Johns knee-capping for Manly I believe.

Firstly there's the girl Choc referred to as a slut.  I think quite a few people can see her for what she is - someone cashing in on brief notoriety to get some photo shoots in some tawdry magazines. 

However, Choc's indiscretion was paraded in front of 1 million Australians on Monday and they heard Gallop's opinion he should apologise.  Sanity would suggest he should swallow his pride and for strategic reasons offer an apology, for the sake of the club and because it is fairly clear the situation antagonises Gallop which will not stand us in good stead if/when there is a further indiscretion.

More worrying is that if the Stewart case goes before court (not certain I believe) then it will be the first post Matthew Johns airing of a sexual assault allegation.  Even if there is no guilty verdict it is possible Bullet could be hung in the court of public opinion.  There will be a lot of scrutiny on the case and pressure for the NRL to act if the public demand it.  Best case scenario is for the charges to be withdrawn (unlikely as the police will not want the loss of face).  Bullet's lawyers will need to be on their game, not only to win the case but to also ensure the incident does not get a one-sided hearing.

There is also the possibility of the girl in question going to Four Corners post-case to do what Claire and friends did.  I rather suspect in the meantime we'll hear about the Coffs Harbour episode and the Broncos toilet episode and each time there is a hearing such as these the impact will be lessened.

The prospect of the Coffs Harbour girl coming forward must surely have a few of the games current superstars quaking in their coloured boots. 

Mate I take offense to the first part of your post. The girl said she was wearing a skirt that was above the knees but it wasnt revealing or small. Fair go mate. I think on that basis, if you are saying choc should apologise you should edit your post and perhaps offer the same apology

How can you justify calling someone a slut just because of how they are dressed?

didnt someone say on here that they were at the launch and what she was wearing you could almost see.. well... alot.

Dan link said:
Mate I take offense to the first part of your post. The girl said she was wearing a skirt that was above the knees but it wasnt revealing or small. Fair go mate. I think on that basis, if you are saying choc should apologise you should edit your post and perhaps offer the same apology
I agree 100% how you can call someone that because of the way they are dressed is disgusting.You should apologise now.As for choc I think he should have been punted ages ago,we can do without his type in this great club.I'm basing my opinion not only on this incident but he has form with his lack of class in dealing with females.  

Does not matter if she was wearing a Borat style Mankini - you can not judge a person's sexuality by the clothes they wear

lsz link said:
Does not matter if she was wearing a Borat style Mankini - you can not judge a person's sexuality by the clothes they wear
Unless it involves a giant mo, a studded leather cap and straps, a revealed hairy chest and bum flaps missing - then I could take a fair punt on what it would be.

lsz link said:

Have you walked through Oxford street on a saturday night?  I bet you could tell that some of the the boys might just be gay there.

Matabele link said:
Firstly there's the girl Choc referred to as a slut.  I think quite a few people can see her for what she is - someone cashing in on brief notoriety to get some photo shoots in some tawdry magazines.
And you called Kiwi "Neanderthal"? :)

Don't visit the beach Matas, your 1950's attitudes may just be exposed just as easily as Choc's social skills were.

tookey link said:
[quote author=lsz link=topic=180369.msg222734#msg222734 date=1242265255]

Have you walked through Oxford street on a saturday night?  I bet you could tell that some of the the boys might just be gay there.
[/quote]

heard of the metrosexual "craze" of a couple of years ago?

David Beckham wore a sarong...dresses in a "neat" fashion does that make him gay?

lsz link said:
[quote author=tookey link=topic=180369.msg222738#msg222738 date=1242266482]
[quote author=lsz link=topic=180369.msg222734#msg222734 date=1242265255]

[/quote]

heard of the metrosexual "craze" of a couple of years ago?

David Beckham wore a sarong...dresses in a "neat" fashion does that make him gay?

[/quote]

Beckham is as camp as a row of tents.  Did the metrosexual craze involved cutting the backside out of your pants and wearing nothing underneath and wearing only fishnet tops?  if it did then yes i missed it fortunately.

Rex link said:
[quote author=Matabele link=topic=180369.msg222705#msg222705 date=1242255915]
And you called Kiwi "Neanderthal"? :)

Don't visit the beach Matas, your 1950's attitudes may just be exposed just as easily as Choc's social skills were.
[/quote]  Common sense suggests there are different social mores to the beach where everyone is scantily clad to wearing a micro-mini to a formal function where the players were in suit and tie to start.

And no doubt her behaviour was under scrutiny, not just her attire.  Perhaps she's not a slut, but I would suggest it's sad when one's low brow aspiration is to appear in trashy $3 men's weeklies being ogled by the desperate and dateless.  

Do you honestly think that is how people dress on Oxford street?

Have you been there outside of Mardi Gras?

Should we all now call for the dropping of the scantily clad dancers out there in the middle?  I'll call David and get him onto it.  Sends a bad message.  Oh, and the wandering Jim Beam girls, Oh and the sexy JB adds.  Get rid of them all.  Bring back the marching band at half time.  Real men, playing with real instruments.   

lsz link said:
Do you honestly think that is how people dress on Oxford street?

Have you been there outside of Mardi Gras?

I have been to oxford street hundreds of times over the years having a feed and a beer at Paddo RSL before going down to the rugby, league or cricket.  I also come back that way to get a bus or cab home.

I have send plently of people wearing clothes like that in oxford street. 

Have you been there lately?

Mate, chaps with bums.  All the time.  I think they call them cops.  Tooks, I'd stay out of the hard core places if I was you, and leave the weed at home.   

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7