4 Free to air live matches from 2018 and changes to Draw and SOO

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Eagles2nv

DESpicable Manly
New Free to air TV agreement announced by NRL.

4 live games a week on Nine Thurs, Fri, sat and Sunday from 2018\

Also:

• The NRL Telstra Premiership will be played over 25 weeks - instead of 26

• A new State of Origin schedule with the second match in each series being played on a Sunday night as part of a stand alone weekend of representative football which will also feature Pacific Nation Tests

• International Rugby League will be given a new priority and will be played in a dedicated window after the NRL Premiership season.

* The NRL has also regained control of the premiership schedule from broadcasters.

http://www.nrl.com/new-free-to-air-television-agreement/tabid/10874/newsid/88790/default.aspx

Last edited:
Seems also the way that smith is talking they will take the digital delivery of the NRL seriously.

Some great changes.
The mid season test is a nothing game.
If the origin is going to be a standalone game then it should be a Saturday night.
But 4 live games is great.
if only it was Friday to Sunday.
A Thursday to Monday Schedule for 25 weeks will take some serious planning, and I have doubts in the competence of the NRL to do it correctly

Some great changes.
The mid season test is a nothing game.
If the origin is going to be a standalone game then it should be a Saturday night.
But 4 live games is great.
if only it was Friday to Sunday.
A Thursday to Monday Schedule for 25 weeks will take some serious planning, and I have doubts in the competence of the NRL to do it correctly
No monday games in the proposal

Can some one tell me why this is being announced 3 years out??

I thought the deals weren't going to be penned until 2017.

And so much for the Foxtel/ Chan 10 consortium, looks like Foxtel will be left with 2 games Saturday, 1 Sunday UNLESS it's a deal where as Foxtel hinted last week ALL games would be live on Foxtel.

It's brilliant for those without pay television, Saturday free to air league will be great. It will be interesting to see how it affects Foxtel considering half the round will be available to watch for free.
My thinking is that Foxtel will get all games live, and the majority of people will rather watch the game on Foxtel rather than Channel 9.

Can some one tell me why this is being announced 3 years out??

I thought the deals weren't going to be penned until 2017.

And so much for the Foxtel/ Chan 10 consortium, looks like Foxtel will be left with 2 games Saturday, 1 Sunday UNLESS it's a deal where as Foxtel hinted last week ALL games would be live on Foxtel.

@MFB, the NRL has stated they wanted to beat the AFL for the next TV rights, so I imagine signing it up now was part of it.

I also wonder if it had to do with the RLPA wanting more clarity around future salary caps and player welfare. This deal will liekly mean more player welfare and the salary cap significantly increasing beyond $7M.

Great, even more games in SD..... I bloody hate channel 9. Hopefully Foxtel get simulcast rights to all the channel 9 games so i can watch the games in HD. Im happy that more games are FTA as that is important but Channel 9 need to get with the times.

I think everyone is missing the biggest question - Will Brisbane still play every Friday night?

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2