4 Manly players in train on squad

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan
Jamie Lyon along with teammates Jason King, Brent Kite and Anthony Watmough were all named to join the initial 18 players selected in the squad from teams that failed to make the NRL finals.

http://news.smh.com.au/breaking-news-sport/manly-quartet-get-kangaroos-callup-20100913-1587s.html

Kitey had one of his best years for a while so good to see him getting names

Choc is going to win the "braitha' award for being the most overrated in the nrl. At 400 grand, if he doesn't produce again in 2011 we would be better to cut our losses. He looked to have the world at his feet but has gone backwars since that state of origin game. He has been the biggest disappointment in 2010.

Kite played alright, but I still don't think he was up to his best and probably not up to getting a Kangaroos spot. Watmough hasn't been the same this year.

Lyon should walk into the team and King should have a shot!

I hope they all get the time off and none get selected, they need the break away from the game

Mark from Brisbane link said:
I hope they all get the time off and none get selected, they need the break away from the game
Agree Mark!!
I love it when no Manly players get named in Rep teams.It's a win for Manly really..

It's a great experience for some younger guys but think of this...these guys have hardly stopped.

The 2008 year, Grand Final...then World Cup, then training for WCC, then the 2009 season...bit of a break and then back again for a long and arduous 2010.

I'd like them to have 6-8 weeks off and come back fresh and ready to go, might in fact be what we lacked this year.

Lyon is a certain selection given some other regular centres won't be there, but for our sake I hope he needs to rest his injury and won't be available.

It would be a great reward for King to get picked, his best season, but he probably needed Manly to go a bit further in the finals. Maybe if he wasn't suspended we would have!

I'd like Lyon to make it. He deserves it and will represent our club well. As for the rest, I hope they get a rest and are back fit and ready for next year

Mark from Brisbane link said:
I'd like them to have 6-8 weeks off and come back fresh and ready to go, might in fact be what we lacked this year.

but only give big georgie a week off

SeaEagleRock8 link said:
Lyon is a certain selection given some other regular centres won't be there, but for our sake I hope he needs to rest his injury and won't be available.

It would be a great reward for King to get picked, his best season, but he probably needed Manly to go a bit further in the finals. Maybe if he wasn't suspended we would have!

Lyon would actually deserve to be there though even if the other options were available. I think this will be his last run around in a Kangaroos jersey just so his kids can see him go around and remember it in years to come.

I agree Lyon should be in the side.

I just hope no one gets and grand Ideas of pick Gasnier back in the Aussie jersey. Becuase if they win (Dragons) they will probabyl stack the side with their players. Next season maybe but this season I hope not.

Knowing our luck if something that ridiculous happens it will probably be at Jamie's expense.

Well doen though to all the blokes who got picked. I think Watmough would be the first to think himself lucky to be picked. But hey the bloke when he is on is a true game breaker.

Cheers,
Teylu

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8