4 weeks for Matai

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Kiwi Eagle

Staff member
I can cop the Humble one, but the Hayne charge is a joke

MANLY'S international centre Steve Matai is facing up to four weeks suspension after being charged with two careless high tackles.

Matai was charged by the NRL video review comittee today with a grade five careless high tackle on Parramatta five-eighth Tom Humble and a grade one offence on Jarryd Hayne in his team's loss to the Eels at Brookvale Oval last night.

Melbourne prop Jeff Lima has copped a one-game suspension after pleading guilty to a dangerous throw on Canberra's Travis Waddell in the Storm's 17-6 victory on Saturday.

The New Zealand front-rower will miss his side's round 12 clash with Canterbury with the the Storm having a bye this weekend.

Cronulla's Issac Gordon also took an early guilty plea, but avoids a ban, for dangerous use of the feet against Penrith's Michael Jennings.

This is where the shot on Hayne started

240084-steve-matai-sea-eagles.jpg

cant remember which hit was which.. but the one with the swinging arm that collected on the head.. i thought that was 3-4 weeks alone. So im not suprised. Time to blood a kid.. if it was 1 week out.. maybe play Bailey there.. but i aint puttin up with that **** for 4 weeks.

Whare or Hoppa please.

I think we all know it will be Bailey at 6 and Foran in the centres, as stupid as that will be.

Agree with Kaza.  I expected 4-6 weeks and so he's lucky to be at the bottom end of that.  Lucky it as seen as careless and not reckless or deliberate too.

No mention of Haynes trips on Matai I assume ??  

Matai's first one didn't miss the mark so he has to cop that on the chin, so to speak. Gee 4 weeks is a big loss, he has been one of our best all year. We could have done with Wolfy being back.

Haven't seen much Toyota Cup this year, is Whare living up to the hype ??

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8