$4m Salary Cap

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Rexx

Reserve Grader
Very interesting NRL bosses meeting today with a lot of issues including:

$4m salary cap - what a good time to be negotiating a player contract. Significant implications for player movements - Gasnier, Tonga, Lyon, etc. Gasnier would obviously have been forewarned.

Compulsory player manager accreditation has been agreed - and Orr (SBW & Fui Fui), Mimis (Gasnier & Lyon) and Manly's best friend, Banagan, are all under threat.

Possibility of cap concessions for players that take on referee cadetships - I wonder if they'll be able to cope with 300 new cadetships? And Hoppa can come back for free!

25 week comp next year.

Under Daniel’s new “Newsfeeds” menu item, his new “Rugby League News” option gets you to the newspaper coverage.

The eight clubs who were against a rise in March were Parramatta, Cronulla, Canberra, Manly, Dragons, Bulldogs, Wests Tigers and Souths.

The NRL is fully funding the increase with increased grants.

Good news. I bet all the current players in the squad will rightfully have there hands out.

With the Gold Coast coming in it also creates an interesting situation. They will be looking to fill their roster and so clubs will want to get good up and comers signed up now or face them leaving for the big dollar on offer up there.

Yes the Managers will be rubbing their hands together on this.

It would be the first rise in the cap for a while so I guess it is justified as long it is spread across all the players not just the money hungry dogs like Gasiner, Lyon & co

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4